Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
zx636r said:

Yeah yeah, like we discussed before, it's at an unfair advantage due to the extra 36CCs. However, in the event that you actually want to read the article, I got this:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:smash:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
id go with the last option, check ur browser settings cause it comes up fine for me.
yeah but still it wins and thats all that matters. lol

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
zx636r said:
id go with the last option, check ur browser settings cause it comes up fine for me.
yeah but still it wins and thats all that matters. lol
To borrow a line from Lethal Weapon..."Whatever, whatever..." 636, you must have forgotten, I'm a computer geek. I tried on like three different browsers and none can view it. It may be the cable modem though cause I've been having issues with it. *I've fried six of them in two months!!!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still works for me. BTW in not a computer GEEK but i do have a degree in computer science (programming). still dont knwo how ppl fry there cable modems and routers. i have had the same router and modem, n my wireless network at home is still running stong and is microsoft router "knock on wood"

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Hate Microsoft. Like Linux and Fire Fox. Um, frying a modem, that's easy. I could tell you but then I'd well...figure it out. As far as a router, that's kinda hard to say, depends on the way their installed, configured and how much use your getting out of it. Usually they will just go due to over-heating, it happens at my job every once in a while. Used to happen all the time until I told them to use CISCO. (they didn't want to cause they said they were more expensive and harder to configure). Idiotas!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Works for me.. and as far as cheating...who cares on the street!!!

Basically, the Kaw clearly has the most motor and does nothing wrong.
My favorite quote....

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Gas Man said:
Works for me.. and as far as cheating...who cares on the street!!!

My favorite quote....

True, true...I wonder if the 600 middleweights will eventually like disappear cause everyone keeps uppin' the CCs?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
wont happen. They RACE 600's, whatever mutant version is on the street is just on the street. But they will always race straight 600's. Hell, now they build the GSXR750 from the GSXR 600 so it is a uber-mutant 600.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
JK is right again! The races have cube restrictions in the various classes... I believe if you took a 636 to the track you would have to race it against the 750's and maybe even liter bikes... which the only way you would win is if you beat them in the corners...

Twisty knows, but the 636 set a few new track records due to it's power vs weight...with the slipper clutch and the awesome suspension...

Flickability is a nice feature on a track bike!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
The 05 636 is nice for sure. Why the ZX6RR is never in comparisons i dont understand. Both bikes should be in all these shootouts, and the 636 just for fun. If kawi makse a 600 and a 636... they should re-enter the world of 750cc sportbikes. Just up the cc's on the 600 and TA-DA!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Nah...they should up the 636 cubes to a 750 or just completely remake the 750 to 636 quality and competition.. right now the GSXR 750 DOMINATES! Why Kaw hasn't done the 7R...I have no clue!!

But they have to leave the 600cc there for racing reasons...

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
The 05 636 is nice for sure. Why the ZX6RR is never in comparisons i dont understand. Both bikes should be in all these shootouts, and the 636 just for fun. If kawi makse a 600 and a 636... they should re-enter the world of 750cc sportbikes. Just up the cc's on the 600 and TA-DA!

In the last magazine review that I read on the Middleweight shootouts, the ZX6RR wasn't fully completed at the time that the magazines were doing their testing of the 600s, that's why they put the 636 in the tests instead.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
True, true...I wonder if the 600 middleweights will eventually like disappear cause everyone keeps uppin' the CCs?
I'm old enough to remember when 600's were 500's and smaller. In the early 70's, Suzuki made a 550 triple to replace their 500 twin. Honda upped their 500 four to 550, and Yamaha upped their RD350 to a 400. This was all to try and match Kawasaki's potent 500 triple. Full circle again. And by the way, it's rare to see a bike win both the street and race portion of a test. Congrats to the Kawi, but the others were very close.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Last months Sport Rider had the 600RR as their winner. I don't think you could make a wrong choice in that category right now. I like the Honda b/c it fits me better. However that new Ninja is one awesome looking bike.

I also don't know if perhaps it was due to displacement or if Progressive had more claims filed on Ninjas 636's than 600RR's but I got a quote of 9 dollars more a month on an '04 636 than my 600RR last April.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
snakemann said:
Last months Sport Rider had the 600RR as their winner. I don't think you could make a wrong choice in that category right now. I like the Honda b/c it fits me better. However that new Ninja is one awesome looking bike.

I also don't know if perhaps it was due to displacement or if Progressive had more claims filed on Ninjas 636's than 600RR's but I got a quote of 9 dollars more a month on an '04 636 than my 600RR last April.

Progressive is a rip-off man! They wanted like 1500 a year for my bike! Forget them.

And I am with you liking the RR rather than the 636R. I just can't get over the swingarm of the 636R, I just don't like it no matter how many contests it wins. Sorry 636R :sorry:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
swingarm??????
i personally like the style of the 03-04 rather than the 05 but i want the 05 motor and suspension.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
zx636r said:
swingarm??????
i personally like the style of the 03-04 rather than the 05 but i want the 05 motor and suspension.

It looks like it's plastic, or at least in the pictures that I've seen it looked like it was plastic. Sorry man.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
plastic swingarm, are u on crack? personally thing its one of the nicest swingarms out there. its almost the same as the gsxr adn the honda.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts