Two Wheel Forums banner

sleeper red's new busa

7K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  sleeper_red 
#1 ·

See less See more
#5 ·
I admit when I hopped on the one I rode it felt better than I expected. I am used to 600's and I've also owned a ZX9r and two R1's and a ZX-11 a long time ago and assumed it would be like the ZX-11 but it felt alot better and of course had more power...again...nice bike and enjoy. :cheers:

#6 ·
Hey Rider, just curious. How much did your brother-in-law pay for his Busa? How does he like it? I absolutely love it. It's funny, I went to Criswell Powersports last Wednesday to show it to my buddy who always worked on my R1 and it only had 136 miles on it. Before I left, he said, "see you back in about a week for the 1,000 mile service." I said, "ok." I guess that's what's gonna happen.

#8 ·
He likes it a lot. He rode it down to the MotoGP race last July from Seattle. As far as price, I have no idea. He's loaded and doesnt like to talk about money. He traded in a 99 ZRX1100 and an 06 KLR650 for it. Both were paid for so I dont have any clue what his balance would have been after the trade. Im sure he got a very good deal though.

#10 ·
You know another thing I like about it, the headlight. Man, that thing is bright. The day I bought it, I went out at 10:00 until 11:30 pm and again the next day at 4:00 until about 6:00 am. I rode part of RT355 and it even lights up the trees on both sides of the road. And when I hit the high beam, it's like BAM! That projector just lights everything in front of me.

#20 · (Edited)
Thanks, everyone. I'm having so much fun with it. I just got back again from a 4 hour ride. You know what guys, I don't feel anything. No sore back, wrists, neck or anything. I can't comment on the handling yet because I'm still taking it easy. But let me tell you, the comfort, you can't beat. It's much more comfortable than my '01 R1. It's not that I can't ride the R1 all day. But this one is a totally different bike. I haven't ridden a cruiser yet, but the way I see it, it has the comfort of a cruiser and the power of a sportbike. A lot more. Perfect for me. Like I've said, I'm still taking it easy on the RPM. That's why I haven't jumped on the interstate, yet. I heard that that's the worst thing you can do on a brand new bike. Stay at 4,000 rpm for hours during the first 1000 miles. On the back roads, the rpm varies most of the time. All I can say about the Busa is WOW!!! So, if you're looking for comfort and power, I only have one word for you. Hayabusa. Love the black, too. I had a choice between the blue, burgundy, and the black. The other two just didn't do it for me. The only problem I'm having since I brought her home is I can't sleep good. I always wanted to ride night or day. I'm 41 years old. I need to sleep. j/k
Seriously, though. I've been waking up at 2-3 in the morning and just go to the garage and just look at her. I don't know how long this sleepless nights is going to last.

#27 ·
What's up guys? Just got back from another ride. She now has 1020 miles. Took me less than 7 days total to do it. I stopped by at Criswell on the way home to let them know that I will bring her in for 1000 miles service tomorrow morning. Couldn't do it today because I have to pick up my son at 2:30 for his DR.'s appointment. Another fun day for me. I started at around 8:50 am and got home about 5 minutes ago. Too many one lane traffic on the backroads today. Construction everywhere. Still had a blast though. Break-in is over.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#30 ·
Congrats man... Have fun with her..

I might pickup an 08 busa next year and use my current bike as a track bitch...

Hmmmmm... Would be noice to have all that power...\ Just wish they could make it look more normal...

#33 · (Edited)
I just installed a PUIG double bubble windscreen today. I got the dark smoke. I love it. Looks better than that brownish stock screen. I can see the clock better, too. With the stock screen not tall enough, it kinda blocks the clock and part of the gauges. Now, I can see everything. I also got the 1000 mile service done today. Now she's ready to open up a little bit more.

#34 ·
What's up guys? I just want to share how comfortable the Busa really is. I rode for almost 7 hours today and I didn't even feel any pain after. I didn't want to go home but I had to pick up my daughter at 3:05pm. I did parts of PA, VA, WVA and back to MD. I have close to 2000 miles on her already in less than 2 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.