Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was talking to my uncle and the topic came up and i said to get the full system .... and he was like why...i said it was better ..... why .....then i was like idk lol it just is.......

is it better ..... how is it..... ???

thanx

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
A full system is capable of making more power, lighter and is cooler to look at and talk about.
If you don't race or don't want 100% of possible power from your bike, you don't need it.
A full system will set you back twice the $$$ of a slip-on.

Most street riders only need the slip-on for the sound and bling.

Racers wouldn't have anything other than a full system to get the extra (average) 5 hp and weight savings. :2cents:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx now i know lol

·
Registered
955 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
A slip-on doesn't do a whole lot ... the stock can is restrictive, but not amazingly so.

Real power is made in the header design. Except for the latest crop of 600s, you'll see a 5% - 8% gain in power with a full system.

- Roach
Roach, are you saying you wont see a HP gain with the new 600's due to their header design etc....just wanted to clear it up a little.....

·
Registered
893 Posts
GsxrJack said:
Roach, are you saying you wont see a HP gain with the new 600's due to their header design etc....just wanted to clear it up a little.....
Yup. The latest 600s (with the exception of the GSXR600) have very well designed exhaust systems in regard to the headers because the market is so competative - the factories want theirs to be the fastest. Putting a full-system on them, we're only seeing a 3-4hp increase with a stock motor. Unless you're racing one, there's little reason to buy a full system for them.

- Roach

·
Registered
955 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
Yup. The latest 600s (with the exception of the GSXR600) have very well designed exhaust systems in regard to the headers because the market is so competative - the factories want theirs to be the fastest. Putting a full-system on them, we're only seeing a 3-4hp increase with a stock motor. Unless you're racing one, there's little reason to buy a full system for them.

- Roach
very nice....thanks

:cheers:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
My VTR's header is designed right. Therefore Slip-ons are all that is needed. A full system's gains are minimal and not worth the cost/hassle. Way to go Honda :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:

- Roach
That is very interseting Speed... good info!

Is you question answered well enough Bull?

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Bull, I have a full race exhaust on the SV. Yoshimura RS3 stainless, the full exhaust makes a world of a difference. The slip on all you would notice is the sound., with the full you feel and hear the difference.

·
20,168 Posts
SVupON1 said:
Bull, I have a full race exhaust on the SV. Yoshimura RS3 stainless, the full exhaust makes a world of a difference. The slip on all you would notice is the sound., with the full you feel and hear the difference.
If the ECU is tuned to match.

·
20,168 Posts
Bull don't know what he has. :lol:
Most don't when they buy a used bike. :crazy:
I was told a F3 had a jet kit :wbs: once and when I thought it was running to lean. I decided to up them a bit more. During disassembly, I found stock jets with reset needles. :rant:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Full system exhausts make a world of difference on a Kat. But if its not in your budget, u can atleast sound cool w/a slip on. :D

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Full system exhausts make a world of difference on a Kat. But if its not in your budget, u can atleast sound cool w/a slip on. :D
:lol: :loud: :loud: :loud: :lols:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
You just wait, my new d&d will be here by the end of June. :redevil: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts