Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you're out at the dealer, ready to buy a bike, or maybe you're just window shopping, and something catches your eye in the plethera of colors, styles, performance stats, etc. Or maybe you're just paging thru the classifieds and come across something that perks your curiosity.

What made you choose the bike or bikes you have ? Did you do all kinds of pain-staking research on a certain bike you just had to have? or maybe you had a certain model in mind, and something else really jumped out at you and you changed your mind at the last minute and went with a totally different ride ?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I like the colors of the bikes I have always owned. Proformance is a big thing as well. :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Had to buy the best so I bought Yamaha. Rode their dirt bikes for years and absolutely loved them. They came out with the R7 and I was in awe. Then they came out with the R6 for the street and I had to have one. I plotted and planned for 4 years on getting one and I finally did. Sold my dirt bikes and my Katana and never looked back...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
I like the colors of the bikes I have always owned. Proformance is a big thing as well. :dthumb:

you bought a bike becuz it had pretty colors ??? U should be flogged!! :rofl:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Hey...didn't you even say: "something catches your eye in the plethera of colors". I just like the Blue and White. Never said pretty...just like them. :lol:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
A buddy had owned it before me, and I had ridden it several times and really enjoyed it. He put it up for sale once, but I didn't buy it. Then he bought a used, and BUILT R6, and let me ride it. I knew I didn't need that much power out of my first bike, but I realized how much I enjoyed riding. His ex had the Kat and I asked if it was still for sale at the price he had quoted me earlier. She said yes, so I bought it. Now I want the power, so I'm looking to trade up.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
NO FI at the time and the color!!

+ comfort and Kawasaki name!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I had in mind a ZZR600 for comfort and a step up form the EX500, but got to the dealer, saw the price on a 0miles one year old Z1000... Price, comfort, and performance all persuaded me to go bigger, and never been happier for it.
Original intent was a 04 ZX10R but couldnt aford the bike and insurance both at 21, so itll come next but ill always keep my Z1000, all around fun and comfort is great.. not the fastest but for every ounce of speed lost it packs a pound of comfort.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Fi

And FI was a major persuation factor... if they made a FI ZX9 for the same price as the Z id be with the TWF's loudest ZX9 rider.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Since the dealers wouldn't allow test rides, I had to go by what the magazines said. I used Motorcyclist, Cycle World, Cycle (RIP), and Cycle Guide (RIP). They all agreed on my GS 1000. They also said my CBR was "balanced", meaning it was slower than the ZX11, but braked and handled better.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I couldnt resist the combination of comfort,power, price, and low insurance ! It's a great all around bike. I called around to every dealer in the area, and nobody had one, except 1 about an hour away. I went up, saw it, started it up, looked it over,and bought it. Was just way too good of a deal to pass up.

The Kats are unique in their styling and combination of all around benefits, that was the biggest thing.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Rodogg04 said:
What i read in magazines and the overall look. Wicked!!!!!! Plus i havent seen alot of black and silver gsxr 1000's

I second that!

When we were in Florida for Biketoberfest I had to stop at the Suzuki dealer there - we talked to a guy who just picked up a black & silver 1000 - he said he paid $11,000 for it as it was the last one in the state of Florida.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I needed something cheap to learn to ride on. My '82 had been in a shed for 3 years... needed a battery, a little wiring work, a set of tires, grips, and peg covers. To get the bike and get it running cost me about $500. I won't like it if I lay it down, but at least it won't rip my heart out either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts