Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hotels in Baton Rouge are near capacity with evacuees. I know some of us are in harms way or will be. Be careful!

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Hotels in Northern Alabama are already booked. I think people are more cautious since Ivan and the onslaught of last year.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
How's the weather Bee? You got that house all hurricane proofed? Weather is good up here in the snowland - 85 and sunny with no hurricane in sight.. Keep your head down and your bike locked up.. lol..

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Yeah...we took down the screen house and have put up all the possible missiles...I have the Bee and Snakemann's RR tucked away in the garage...It looks like we could just get some of the periphery weather and wind. Fortunately for us (Tally), the storm seems to be heading west.

Last night 99birdV6, snakemann and I went out for a coupla' hour ride and almost got caught twice in storms...we had to do a little triple digits to out run them... :dthumb:

We are just watching the weather today and waiting...

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The eastern side of hurricanes are the worst so as long at it stays east of me we should be just fine. Any storm surge will be a big prob though, theres still some water left from TS Cindy in southern La. Be careful fellas.

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
in west palm all we got was some feeder bands... great start to the hurricane season...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Damn Dennis! We'll probably be driving right through that sucker while on our way to the Gap! :cursin: :bash:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
bumblebee said:
Yeah...we took down the screen house and have put up all the possible missiles...I have the Bee and Snakemann's RR tucked away in the garage...It looks like we could just get some of the periphery weather and wind. Fortunately for us (Tally), the storm seems to be heading west.

Last night 99birdV6, snakemann and I went out for a coupla' hour ride and almost got caught twice in storms...we had to do a little triple digits to out run them... :dthumb:

We are just watching the weather today and waiting...
Yeah a little snow doesn't seem too bad right now does it? Weather is still beautiful here.. Good luck there Hurricane Boy.. If you make it through the bug infestations and hurricane season you might actually get to ride again this year.. Maybe December will be a good month..

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
CharlieMavCBR said:
Damn Dennis! We'll probably be driving right through that sucker while on our way to the Gap! :cursin: :bash:
nah we should be ok..we might get some residual showers and such, but nothing major it looks like at this point..

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
technology is magic!

Dont be too cozy up north, this storm doesnt stop at the cost. When it dies it will linger around missouri or so and just dump rain. i foresee flood warnings.

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
how is it dilla whats dennis doing outside?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful here, feeders in the distance and clouds but breezy and cooler. West side of Hurricanes are the best side.

Shan, you hanging in there? Bee, snakeman?

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Wakulla took a real bath...Down at St. marks...Posey's, one of my favorite watering holes/oyster bars, had water knee deep inside...all of the buildings had some water...I believe CNN had pics of a guy in his boat going down Main St. past the Post Office. We had some limbs down and general storm trash around. Mark, the County Mountie that is building a house next to me, will get to replace his roof that had paper down but not shingled yet, and he has hip deep water in his front yard. Our road made it through surprisingly well for dirt...I got the truck out today, no problems... :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I bet this makes for some good riding down there right now eh? With the wind at your back get a few extra MPH and possibly make the 200+ mark. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
if i was in the way of that, i would wrap my bike up in padding and put it int a safe place

1 - 20 of 27 Posts