Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Yamaha R6 for sale... $1500... Selling cheap b/c I just want to get it off my carport to make way for new bike. Wrecked but with no damage that I can tell to the frame, subframe, engine, swingarm, tires or rims. Does need stator cover as far as the engine goes, but those can be found for around $50. Main things needed are plastics, upper steering components (bars, triple clamps) and a repair to the gas tank. Call 601-466-7923 at any time for more details. Pics will be posted soon.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
sounds to good to be true

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
bulldog said:
sounds to good to be true
Probably not. Plastics, gas tanks, etc. aren't cheap to replace/repair. Plus, that bike IS 5 years old now.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
:sorry: :cheers: :buds:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I haven't posted any posts lately. Put the bike on ebay and it sold that day in state for $1500. However, I am now in the market for a new bike... No older than an '03. Preferrably an '04. If I can't find anything for a decent deal, I'm goin with the '05 636. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You won't regret the 636!!! :dthumb:

And I guess the user name will still work... :D :lol:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
pissonahonda said:
Sorry I haven't posted any posts lately. Put the bike on ebay and it sold that day in state for $1500. However, I am now in the market for a new bike... No older than an '03. Preferrably an '04. If I can't find anything for a decent deal, I'm goin with the '05 636. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :dthumb:
Stick with Yamaha.. Don't cross that line into the evil Kaw land - you WILL regret it.. Your cat will become mysterious pregnant (even though he is a male), the toilet will not be flushed and will be littered with Pall Mall no filters and rancid smelling urine and your family will be shocked at your new found hobby of feceology where you make art with poop and try to find new and unique receipes for consuming feces and of course your subscription to Feces on Her Chest magazine.. You will be buying glass tables and visqueen like there is no tomorrow.. DON'T DO IT! Stay with Yamaha bro.. The R6 needed work - so what - you offed it - now use that $1500 to get you a new one!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
double2000r6 said:
Stick with Yamaha.. Don't cross that line into the evil Kaw land - you WILL regret it.. Your cat will become mysterious pregnant (even though he is a male), the toilet will not be flushed and will be littered with Pall Mall no filters and rancid smelling urine and your family will be shocked at your new found hobby of feceology where you make art with poop and try to find new and unique receipes for consuming feces and of course your subscription to Feces on Her Chest magazine.. You will be buying glass tables and visqueen like there is no tomorrow.. DON'T DO IT! Stay with Yamaha bro.. The R6 needed work - so what - you offed it - now use that $1500 to get you a new one!
Hahaha.... I'm speechless man. I definitely love Yamaha. Rode em all my life (fourwheelers, dirtbikes, etc.) but I just can't deny the power of that 636. I'm still lookin for deals though.. If I come across an 03 or 04 R6 with low miles, I'll jump on it.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I Got An 04 Now And I Love It. The Stock Dunlops Suck Though. The Fastest I Could Get Stock Was 165 Speedo. Probably Could Of Got It A Little More But I Didn't Have All Day And My Exit Was Coming. I Don't Really Have Complaints. The Brakes Aren't The Best But Their Not The Worst. Plus You Can't Beat Fuel Injection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts