Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people just have no morals, conscience, whatever you wanna call it..

Im driving to work yesterday, taking my son to the baby sitters before work, and as we start to crest this little hill I notice a long line of cars up ahead at at stoplight, and 2 women standing right in the median strip...cars are starting to back and go around as the light turned, yet these 2 girls were still standing there, both in business attire, right there, just talking and watching everybody pass by. By the time I pull up to them, there has already been atleast 3 dozen cars that have passed by and not even stopped to offer help!!! So I pulled up, slowed down, and asked if they were ok, needed to call AAA's or something, they said no, they had already called, but thanked me for stopping to offer help.

Where is the compassion for the human race today, I mean geez..wouldnt you want somebody to atleast stop and offer help if you were broken down in the middle of the road? :rant:

Oh well, just had to vent there for a sec...

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I know what you mean on that one Matt. I see it all the time as well. Is there no one nice and friendly out there any more to stop and see if they need help or anything?? I would like someone to stop and see if I was ok and I would do the same. But I guess now adays there just aren't as many of us out there that nice and helpful.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Yep you got that one right. People around here are just plain ignorant. A few years back I was driving home from work when a deer ran across the road. BAM!!! Right into my car! I was freaked out. It was like 800 and dark on a farely dark road (Susquehanna Trail) I bet at LEAST 15 cars drove by me before finally a woman stopped quick. She had to pick her kid up she was running behind, but she asked what happed and said she would cal for me and left. Sure enough not even 2 mins later the police showed up. I didn't even get to thank her for being so nice!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Were they hot? I would stop and "help".. lol.. No I know what you mean bro. It is bad around here. The other week I am driving and I see an old man broke down in the middle of the road all confused. I am going the other way but I see all these people in a "hurry" trying to get around him, etc. so I bust a "u"ee and put my flashers on, etc. and push the car into a gas station. The guy is all thankful, etc. and wants to pay me - I am like no man I didn't do this for money. Use that money to fix your car or something. The guy couldn't believe it. Our society has plummeted to the edge and it makes me sick. One day some supposed old man or something will supposedly be broke down and I will stop to help and get mugged and shot or something but I don't care I will keep doing it. At least I will die doing what I think is right. It wouldn't be the first time I was stabbed, shot at or had a gun in my face.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
double2000r6 said:
It wouldn't be the first time I was stabbed, shot at or had a gun in my face.

jeebus mudpuppy, what have you not been telling us :D

and btw, yes they were hot! ;)

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I was driving my car one night going home. I was doing the speed limit and there are these concret barriers and at one point they go up higher. So as I am driving I look to my left and see a deer jump over it and all I can think is "OH $HIT" As the deer jumped over and I already have the breaks on, it lands right infront of me and I hit it straight on. The deer flew up over the car after smashing the windshield and then hit the sun roof I had open. I shot across one lane so I can pull over and there is a line of cars and trucks that just keep on going and all of then are hitting this deer in the middle of the road. As I am standing there waiting for all the traffic to slow down or stop so i can get it out of the middle of the road they just all keep going and running over the deer in the middle of the road. Dumb a$$. No one stoped to see if I was ok or slowed down. I had to walk back to the gas station about a mile back. When I got there to the gas station it was pretty busy and everyone was looking at me funny but didn't ask anything. I went into the restroom and saw why they were looking at me like that. When the air bag deployed it had slaped me in the face and left a *********** mark all over my face. Bummer. O well. Not everyone is as nice as some of us are. :thumbs:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:

I always stop and hope the woman is HOTT!!!

When I was on the side of the road last, it was with my water pump quiting on my bike. You should have seen all the people drivin by. But I did have 2 BMW riders stop, 1 HD, and one cage. For a while there I was wonderin about the human race.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:

Sweet. lol.

What haven't I been telling you? I live in Detroit yo, what more do you need to know? Head down to the ghetto and you never know what could happen - that and my jaded past that led me to hang with the wrong peepz for profit didn't help. Of course if you head to Detroit we all know where to go and where not to so don't buy into that bs about Detroit is dangerous, etc. - Not if you hang with us - we won't lead you astray. We pretty much all live in very nice areas so its all good. But if you want to go ghetto running I am sure I can take you within inches of your life within 20 minutes of here. lol..

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get enough "going within inches of my life" everyday just dealing with the crazy arse drivers around PA, and occasionally venturing into the ghetto for a quick short cut across town.

If you're taking me to the detroit ghetto, it better only be a blur as I fly thru it. :lol:

·
Registered
175 Posts
crazy people

well about a month ago i was riding with my friend on his gsxr1000 and this dumba$$ kid was talkin on his cell phone and ran the light and hit us.. luckly, only the bike got hurt and we were a lil banged up... how the world he didnt kill us i have no idea.. the kid did not stop either he just kept going.. but they caught him. no one stopped to make sure we were okay everyone just kept driving i had to call 911 myself..while i was layin the middle of the road...!!!!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I was driving my car one night going home. I was doing the speed limit and there are these concret barriers and at one point they go up higher. So as I am driving I look to my left and see a deer jump over it and all I can think is "OH $HIT" As the deer jumped over and I already have the breaks on, it lands right infront of me and I hit it straight on. The deer flew up over the car after smashing the windshield and then hit the sun roof I had open. I shot across one lane so I can pull over and there is a line of cars and trucks that just keep on going and all of then are hitting this deer in the middle of the road. As I am standing there waiting for all the traffic to slow down or stop so i can get it out of the middle of the road they just all keep going and running over the deer in the middle of the road. Dumb a$$. No one stoped to see if I was ok or slowed down. I had to walk back to the gas station about a mile back. When I got there to the gas station it was pretty busy and everyone was looking at me funny but didn't ask anything. I went into the restroom and saw why they were looking at me like that. When the air bag deployed it had slaped me in the face and left a *********** mark all over my face. Bummer. O well. Not everyone is as nice as some of us are. :thumbs:
Yep remember that one. Imagine getting a phone call in the middle of the night half asleep hearing about this. :eek:

·
Registered
392 Posts
It is sad how no one stops to help, but I guess our society has gotten that bad that people are afraid to. I mean, guys really have no excuse, but few women are gonna stop to offer help to a male....too many things could happen. It may not make it right, but that is what our society has pushed us to. :(

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
CrunchieJD said:
It is sad how no one stops to help, but I guess our society has gotten that bad that people are afraid to. I mean, guys really have no excuse, but few women are gonna stop to offer help to a male....too many things could happen. It may not make it right, but that is what our society has pushed us to. :(
:( I agree with ya! I don't know how many times I have seen a guy broken down on the side of the road, and as much as I hate letting him sit there helpless, I prefer to make it home to my babies.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IM gonna play devils advocate here a minute..if you're out in the middle of a busy road, and you see some guy broken down along the roadway, you're not gonna atleast slow down and offer to call a tow truck, or the cops or something? Im not saying get out of ur car, and start gettin under the hood or anything, but atleast stop and offer a phone call!

·
Registered
519 Posts
CrunchieJD said:
As a guy, I gotta wonder how much this roadside attack thing is hype. All I've ever heard are anecdotes, no real data or studies.

I'll always stop to help out a 2-wheeler, but have rarely come across cars that are broken down. Must just be the areas I drive in (not very populated).

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Nope, won't slow down, never know when he might "bust out his gat". But I suppose I could yell out the window "Hey I'll call a towtruck" but keep on going! :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
3BoyzNaBike said:
Nope, won't slow down, never know when he might "bust out his gat". But I suppose I could yell out the window "Hey I'll call a towtruck" but keep on going! :lol:

Well...if I was as small as you I wouldn't want to stop either. It has to be harder for a women. For men, we are able to defend ourselfs better then most womenif something was to go wrong. Not saying that there isn't some women out there that can defend them selfs. Owell. Some will stop and help and most will keep on driving.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Well...if I was as small as you.... Not saying that there isn't some women out there that can defend them selfs.
Yes, let's just ask that 6' chick that was sitting her car that night if I can defend myself????? :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
3BoyzNaBike said:
Yes, let's just ask that 6' chick that was sitting her car that night if I can defend myself????? :lol:

:jacked: :jacked:

Very true. For someone being 8+inches taller then you, you had no problem taking care of her that night. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts