Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know it's taken me a week to get these up, but I've been quite busy. To make a long story short, I drove deep into turn 7 at Putnam, the bustop, and right at the apex, I drug the footpeg and the rear slid out on me.

The can took most of the damage and the frame sliders took 99% of the rest. I have a couple marks on the rear wheel where the exhaust pipe hit it (the pipe was ripped off the collector) and I found 3 slices in my rear tire this week (although I can't be sure when or how they got there). The two bottom bolts on the oil pump cover are now ground down to where I'll have to use an easy out to remove them. I also lost my custom made exhaust hanger, but I can make another one.

Unfortunately, I hadn't cut the fairing yet to put on the no-cut sliders, so the offset bracket bent and scratched the frame. I decided that was a good time to cut the hole in the fairing because the bolt had marked the fairing when the bike went down. Too bad the fairing had been pushed back and the bolt didn't mark the right spot. And of course, I didn't check to make sure the spot was centered, so now I have an oblong hole for the slider. LOL Anyway, everything can be fixed except my own personal screwup, and even that could be fixed if I wanted to spend a couple hundred on a new fairing. I have the paint for the frame, so I'm not worried about those marks.

My leathers did their job and I didn't lose any skin. My helmet didn't hit, but I did flip over when I got to the edge of the track and my face shield got scratched from the grass. My left glove ripped, but again, no skin lost; just a bruise from hitting the pavement with my palm.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Doesn't look bad at all.. I am sure you are headed back to the track like I am so repairs will be minimal like mine - more functional repairs than aesthic..

·
Registered
144 Posts
glad to hear you didn't get anything more than a bruise. just goes to show why full gear is the most important investment you can make.

Late

Darksyde

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
sorry to hear that captian :nonod:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Glad to hear that the damage is at the minimum.... check the toe of you boots...tell me if you lost rubber there... :lol: but I sure you'll go back and correct whatever error you mad in the corner... and decrease you lap time...next time around. :pat:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Capt...lets see a pic of this frame scratch...

Other than that, it don't look too bad. Looks like you should be able to bolt the stock can back on if you like...

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I would use the rashed can on track days!
Like I said before, glad the damage is to a minimal.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
twisty said:
Yeah I would have pulled the grass out the holes and got back on the track.
Well, I had to do a bit more than that. The can got ripped off the bike and it was severely rashed (pic doesn't show great detail, but you could see INTO the can). It also broke the exhaust hanger. I had to run home and get my stock passenger peg/exhaust hanger and the other can that I bought for a spare, but then I was able to get back out there.

Gas, I'll get a pic of the frame scratch when I get home later tonight.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jeeps84 said:
Hey Capt. didn't you like the links that DAN DUBEAU gave you! :lol:

yeah, I think they're great. Unfortunately, I was in a computer lab on campus and I didn't think the girls sitting behind me would like seeing that on the screen, so I closed it out pretty quick. But now that I've had a chance to look, those carbon ram air coolers look quite nice. :D

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah that guy has one hell of sales technique... :drool: I wish I could see more of that big topped girl!!! :drool:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, I finally got around to putting up the pic of the frame. You can also tell how bad I screwed up when I cut the hole for the frame slider. I'm 31, I should know by now to measure twice and cut once, not measure once and cut twice. :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah Capt... :wtf: you know better!! :D It's all good we've all did it! But as far as the scratch.. I would defniately put some touch up paint on it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts