Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, now that I've had a month of nice-ish weather to test it out in, I figured I would throw up a little something about my feelings on this jacket. I got in on the tail end of the closeout deal that was being offered through Speedwerks (Thanks again, Laura!).

The quality of the jacket itself is really nice! The stitching is very well done, and it has nice, hard armor in the elbows/shoulders/back. It was initially a little too stiff and restricted my ability to turn my head/helmet fully, but that has gone away as it's become more supple through use. I haven't worn it with the liner IN yet, but maybe when the weather goes back to being cold.

Although it's quite heavy compared to my JR Alter Ego, the airflow through the jacket seems to be much better. So it's become my warm weather coat and the JR will come out when it's overcast and/or possibly going to rain. It is also "race" cut it fits a little 'off' when not in, at least, a semi crouch but it is still comfortable.

Not crash tested (knocks on wood) but seems like it would handle it relatively well and I feel quite confident in it if I should need the protection.

Overall, I am very happy with the money I spent on this jacket and would most likely buy another one if I needed a replacement.

Here's a quick pic of me in the jacket (pay no attention to the puzzled look:lol:...):

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I believe it is the same jacket that Twisty has and it sure does seem pretty nice. Ace has the same one in black as well. Both very nice jackets and might be at the top of my list for the next jacket purchase.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jeeps84 said:
It sure does look hot. I would never expect it to be cooler than the Ego.
Yeah, I was surprised. I think it's just that the perfs in the SR coat allow more air through than the outer lining on the JR. If it gets over about 80 though, I will probably have to zip the mesh out of the JR and wear it instead.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Speedrag made some nice stuff - wish they were still around.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Todd said:
Speedrag made some nice stuff - wish they were still around.

Ok, you lost me with that one...

·
Registered
741 Posts
The Speedrag brand, as it existed up until a few months ago, went under. Jack, who was the promotional guy for Speedrag, is going to be taking over the Speedrag brand as the owner and resurrecting it sometime in the near future.

As of right now, you could say Speedrag is "on hold". Jack is a good guy and I'm sure he'll get things back to normal as soon as he can.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow....Interesting news, thanks! Yeah, he worked with Speedwerks and me really well in getting an exchange made when the first jacket I ordered turned out to be too small.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only when he's doing fundraising appearances, I'm sure ;)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That is interesting Todd.... I sure hope they get with it cause that SpeedRag stuff is NICE!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Todd said:
The Speedrag brand, as it existed up until a few months ago, went under. Jack, who was the promotional guy for Speedrag, is going to be taking over the Speedrag brand as the owner and resurrecting it sometime in the near future.

As of right now, you could say Speedrag is "on hold". Jack is a good guy and I'm sure he'll get things back to normal as soon as he can.
Umm, this is not exactly the case. Without elaborating on someone else's business model, this is not how it's happening. We are still more than able to get speedrag merchandise, and what is going on behind the scenes in no way affects their products. I spoke with Jack yesterday and we are working on a July speedrag special. The brand is still alive and well, and it has not gone under in any way, shape or form.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts