Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the supermarket and opened the December issue of Sport Rider. They did a 16 bike comparo. The sixth or seventh reincarnation of my CBR didn't win. The R1 won the superbike and GSXR 600 won the sportbike. If I was in the market for a new bike, instead of milk and eggs, I would have picked up the mag.

But like every magazine on the stand, they seem to make you feel that if you don't have the latest high-tech, motorcycle, car, SUV, camera, gun, or whatever, you are behind the times. For my riding, my old bike is better.

My fairing actually blocks the wind, so I can ride most of the winter. I have a reserve switch instead of lights. It has a centerstand, which is unbelievely useful. A 5.8 gallon tank, so I can ride 230 miles. It handles nice, and my bike is already scary fast, so a few tenth's in the quarter means nothing to me. I'm happy, and I don't care if I'm behind the times.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Yeah, I read that comparo as soon as I got my mag in the mail this month. doesnt quite give you as much info on each bike as you might expect in previous comparo's..but maybe that's their point, since we've all ready about shootouts with these same bikes 100 times..but still, i'd have liked to see more info about each bike individually and the reasons for its place, than just alittle paragraph under each one.

I think the ninja should have beaten out the GSXR600 though, but thats just me, and their reasons for the difference between the 2 places wasnt anything special to begin with.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:
I Hat enaything and everything that Twisty hates. I am going to put GSXR stickers on the R6. lol..
now thats just sacrilege... :lol: I know you couldnt be paid enuff to do that..

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
No Worries said:
But like every magazine on the stand, they seem to make you feel that if you don't have the latest high-tech, motorcycle, car, SUV, camera, gun, or whatever, you are behind the times. For my riding, my old bike is better.
I know what you mean. My '99 is a relic now, non fuel-injected and "old" technology. Whatever... :lol:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
but they justify themselves about twice a year or so, with some comparos of great old bikes too, for those of us who dont get a free latest edition rocket just for fun! :bash:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
for some reason, i get the impression he doesnt like sportrider...who knew ??

Twisty, you should start up ur own mag/newsletter... :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
for some reason, i get the impression he doesnt like sportrider...who knew ??

Twisty, you should start up ur own mag/newsletter... :thumbs:
Yeah that would be cool - Twisty Monthly. Every article would be one line - I hate Yamahas. I hate cops. I hate Nascar. Would have to have ALOT of pics.. lol..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts