2,010 Posts
smaller front usually only 1 down = more accesleration
larger rear = more accesleration
i would only do either -1 front or +2 rear
if you do too much u will just pull wheelies everywhere

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can make your bike pull harder or go faster(top speed) by changing your gear ratios.But when you change it to pull harder you loose top speed,and vise-versa.
Taking 1 tooth off the front is like adding 2 or 3 on the rear.Your chain may not be long enough if you just add teeth on the rear so you have to take that into account.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
zx636r said:
smaller front usually only 1 down = more accesleration
larger rear = more accesleration
i would only do either -1 front or +2 rear
if you do too much u will just pull wheelies everywhere
:withstupi

Grafixx01 said:
See Gas Man, if I keep asking questions, I could possibly catch you on posts in like well....um, around 5 years if you stop posting. Then I can be a :whore:
:rofl3:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
I've heard a lot of talk about putting smaller sprockets on the bikes. What exactly is the benefit to this? this is just a question
well if you are worried about looin it or something then get a +1 in front or - 3 in back.....idk how much of this it will effect the bike, but i am thinking of adding 3 in back and taking one off the front(weelie monster) :beer2: :jd: :clap: :hang: :chair: :neen: :loud:

·
20,168 Posts
bulldog said:
well if you are worried about looin it or something then get a +1 in front or - 3 in back.....idk how much of this it will effect the bike, but i am thinking of adding 3 in back and taking one off the front(weelie monster) :beer2: :jd: :clap: :hang: :chair: :neen: :loud:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
if i have done the research correctly (which i am not done yet) then i should be somewere here

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
okay i havent done made my mind up or anything yet....what do you recomend for a exceptional change in bottom end?

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
:scratch: i guess you have the knowledge over me but i dont see how it could make a biog diff.....? but you know what i diont whant to go crazy right now so i have made the decsion on either -1 in front or +3 in reer now what do you think i should do and WHY i whant to know the reason for the front change Vrs the reer thank you

·
20,168 Posts
-1 Front = cheap
Its about the same as +3 rear - $
If its not enough you can always go up on rear later.
I think -1 front & +3 rear would kill the already limited top end on the 650.
Maybe -1 & + 1 would be ok. :2cents:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
jeeps84[B said:
]-1 Front = cheap[/B]
Its about the same as +3 rear - $
If its not enough you can always go up on rear later.
I think -1 front & +3 rear would kill the already limited top end on the 650.
Maybe -1 & + 1 would be ok. :2cents:
now that just explained it all for me ..... naw jk but i am going to head down to suzuki tmarow B/4 work and see how mutch and how long and what it is :wink: :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
bull just do -1 in the front. especially with a v-twin, you already have down low power, and y do this over the rear, becasue its cheaper adn its the same thing. no matter hwo you do it, it is still effecting the ratio so there iwll be no difference in doing either the rear or jsut the front. -1 front is just under +3 rear.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have -1 in the front on my 600...it was that way when the S/O gave it to me.....
But, I remember when he changed it...it only required an adjustment to the chain...

I could feel the difference at take off (acceleration)
and I was the passenger...As the driver, I can not tell you the difference, because I never drove it before the change….

1 - 20 of 31 Posts