Two Wheel Forums banner

Squid down...need advice

3K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

This is kinda weird, but I was surfing this site yesterday and read the post about the girl laying down her SV. Well today, I was out riding and lost it going over a stick getting a big front wheel wobble and running off the road hitting a big patch of grass and laid it down at about 10-15 mph. I am fine thank god, wearing full gear is a good thing. It is a SV650S, that is the weird part, 2004 though. I totally cracked the front cowling and broke off the shift peg and had to ride back in first. There are no scratches on the engine or rearend. The wheel is also not lined up with the handle bars. I don't see anything really bent on the forks, but don't really understand the mechanics of motorcycle tire alignment being a noobie. Besides some other minor scratches that aren't really necessary to replace. I have full coverage on the bike with a $150 deductible. Should I involve the insurance and have my rates go up or see what the estimate is and go straight pay route. I also have coverage on my accessories seeing as my helmet is no good since i took a nasty blow landing on the pavement. I just thank god I am not a showboat and was just cruising, so wasn't hurt at all.

#29 ·
Sometimes things get tweeked like that,you just gotta loosen everything up and retighten w/it aligned,shame you couldn't have just sanded your plastic yourself and given her a rattle-can paintjob...

#30 ·
JEKYLL said:
Sometimes things get tweeked like that,you just gotta loosen everything up and retighten w/it aligned,shame you couldn't have just sanded your plastic yourself and given her a rattle-can paintjob...
I wouldn't want a rattle-can paintjob on my new bike.

#34 ·
TitanSV said:
I am not rattle canning my new bike :bash:

The front fairing was damaged pretty bad, so that had to be replaced no matter what and since I am going the insurance route, I am replacing everything.
I would do the same and try hard to keep any usable parts. Damaged or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.