Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading to work when a Gixxer sped by acting very squidly; darting in and out of traffic and just being reckless. I thought nothing much of it, he was out of my way, and soon gone.

About a half mile down the road, I see the guy pumping gas at the Texaco. So, I look over to see the squid and it's some guy with gray hair, he had to be in his late 50's. I had to do a double take. :yikes:

That's certainly not the demographic I'd expect to be riding squidly, or ever a gixxer for that matter.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would say he's probably been riding that way for some time. I know a few people I rode with that exhibited the same behavior (high speed weaving through traffic, lane splitting, etc.) which I found not to my liking. They (guys I rode with) will undoubtedly continue to ride in the same manner for as long as they are able to ride two wheels. It is their mentality.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Maybe he is trying to live as he did when he was younger or do what he missed as a younger guy. Still...not smart.

·
Registered
955 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
I was heading to work when a Gixxer sped by acting very squidly; darting in and out of traffic and just being reckless. I thought nothing much of it, he was out of my way, and soon gone.

About a half mile down the road, I see the guy pumping gas at the Texaco. So, I look over to see the squid and it's some guy with gray hair, he had to be in his late 50's. I had to do a double take. :yikes:

That's certainly not the demographic I'd expect to be riding squidly, or ever a gixxer for that matter.
hey, i was running out of gas and figured if i kept going fast i would be able to coast to the gas station.plus you guys are going to slow so i had to get by.... :dthumb: :cheers:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
BTW, I meant "old" in the context of sportbikes. Considering most are young males, particularly squidly types. :wink:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...come on down to Tally and see if you can keep up with the fat, old man... :dthumb: ...I still have all my own teeth and most of my hair...I cut my Locks for Love ponytail in January... :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
GsxrJack said:
hey, i was running out of gas and figured if i kept going fast i would be able to coast to the gas station.plus you guys are going to slow so i had to get by.... :dthumb: :cheers:
That was the funnies crap I've heard come from you ever Jack!! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Anyway, that ain't that bad Shan. I've seen a guy split the lane on Telegraph between 2 full sized cars...all on one wheel! Now that was a sight to see!!! * :whistle: :lol:

*Not saying it's squidly but funny!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Gas Man said:
That was the funnies crap I've heard come from you ever Jack!! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Anyway, that ain't that bad Shan. I've seen a guy split the lane on Telegraph between 2 full sized cars...all on one wheel! Now that was a sight to see!!! * :whistle: :lol:

I saw a similar move Gas...in a similar location!!!!!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Gas Man said:

Really!!! This guy must have been an amazing rider.... :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
But on 1 it sometimes becomes a scary show....

Hey Chev, were you there when he almost looped it in downtown D-town on the h/w??? Funny stuff!!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
First of all, I feel sorry for sport bike riders that don't live near twisty roads and have to get their jollies by doing something dumb. Not that I don't do dumb things on twisty roads, but the only person I have to impress is myself.

Secondly, I'm well past 50 and I don't intend on getting a cruiser...yet. In fact, I would get a new sport bike if it was comfortable, had monster mid-range, and a centerstand. Till then, I'll stick with my old CBR.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts