Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, This may sound like a dumb arse question :bonk: , but do sportbikes have to go through an inspection or emissions testing in MD? Maybe some MD riders can answer this for me. I was just curious, because when I get my bike, I may want to upgrade the can.

:twfrox: :whore:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Alot of states have inspections for ALL vechicles but I've never heard of emissions testing on motorcycles...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Gas Man said:
Alot of states have inspections for ALL vechicles but I've never heard of emissions testing on motorcycles...

My bike needs to pass a Level 3 inspection in AZ and then go get emmisions test (salvage bike). Bikes pass emissions easy, right? I know emissions testing is per state, and AZ is not strict on emissions. Have you ever seen or heard about a motorcycle failing emissions?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I have no idea...never heard of emission testing on a MC.

I don't think that N4S has to get his sticked for his inspection????

YO N4S!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
NJ is one of the toughest states for Inspection, but my bike with an aftermarket can was not even tested it was blinkers lights and horn and passed.

When I say NJ is one of the toughest we acutually have a dyno that they put in the floor to run your car or truck up to 50mph and test emissions at highway speeds.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Really...that is just :crazy:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Earlzach said:
When I say NJ is one of the toughest we acutually have a dyno that they put in the floor to run your car or truck up to 50mph and test emissions at highway speeds.
VA started that about 6 years ago.

As for bikes - no emmisions in VA. I don't believe they do it in MD either, but I'm not sure. In DE ... we have a *noise* test for bikes, which is fun. If you live here, you keep your stock stuff and put it on for when you need to renew plates or sell the bike. New vehicles are good for 5 years on plates though, then it's every 2 years.

- Roach

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Noise test!! What is the db rating your bike must be under?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Well I know that! And I even still have my stock can! But no noise tests here...THANK GOD! No tests of any kind... we no likey tests!!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
The only testing I know of in Michigan requires one of these...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ya so...mr smarty pants.... I'm a :whore: !!!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Where are you N4S??? I wanna know about the PA tests for MC's. I am just leaving everything registered in KY for now, but I know I will have to convert everything over to PA. My exhaust is loud with the race Yoshi RS3, is that aloud for inspection?

·
Registered
197 Posts
MD requires a 1 time safety inspection prior to registration, just like with cages. However, unlike cages, no emissions inspections for bikes...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I know that PA requires a yearly inspection....

I have no problem with the inspections, just the noise and emissions testing..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts