Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could some one please give me the pros and cons of a dampener? i'm thinkin about getting one with my return money but i want to know for sure if it's worth it. thanks :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Scotts is the best for its price. It may be a bit highter then some of the others that are out there, but you are buying a great product that will last. :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
i was gonna get a scotts but i think im gonna go with a hyperpro or ohlins, shaft style. just a personal preference i think they look nicer and there harder to steal. i also heard of dead spots in the scotts style. and ohlins makes a rotary style damper but they dont advertise it for sportbikes, makes me think a little. just my .02 cents
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Oops...you're way off... Ohlins rotart style is made by Scotts!!! And dead spots???? I don't think so.... but enjoy your shaft especially when it get's all mangled in a simple low side.... :2cents:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
Dead spots....They are caused by the consumer not checking the oil level in the dampener after the break in period. The fluid lever drops and causes the dampner too have dead spots. The fault of this is the consumers for not reading the damn instructions. Also Ohins makes the scotts dampener. I think the green is clouding you brain.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I think we debated this A LONG TIME ago... I think its the other way around!!

O, and don't get me wrong the Ohins stuff is GREAT stuff. Heck in a few more weeks, I'll even have Ohins oil in my front forks!!
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I believe we went thru this a long time ago here... other way around being that Scotts makes the Ohins rotary..... but it don't matter.... Ohins stuff rocks... and so does the Scotts steering stabalizer... this shouldn't be in question! You even have one...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
Gas Man said:
I believe we went thru this a long time ago here... other way around being that Scotts makes the Ohins rotary..... but it don't matter.... Ohins stuff rocks... and so does the Scotts steering stabalizer... this shouldn't be in question! You even have one...

Yeah I know because they ROCK! The deadspots are caused user error not the dampener.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about "dampeners, dampners, etc etc.". :screwy: :nono: :wink: :sorry: I'm actually looking to buy a DAMPER. And yes, it's going to be a Scotts. Now, do I buy direct from Scotts or who has the best deals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
955 Posts
chev said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about "dampeners, dampners, etc etc.". :screwy: :nono: :wink: :sorry: I'm actually looking to buy a DAMPER. And yes, it's going to be a Scotts. Now, do I buy direct from Scotts or who has the best deals?
seen it spelt both ways...damper and dampner... dont know which is correct...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
GsxrJack said:
seen it spelt both ways...damper and dampner... dont know which is correct...
damper is the correct way. I just wanted to give some people some crap for it. I'd say most people say it wrong. I had a prof in grad school, we were talking dampers, and this guy kept calling it a dampner, and the prof kept ragging on him...pretty funny. But, honestly, it's damper and if you don't believe me, look it up or visit Gasmans link above to the Scott's site. Just trying to keep my TWF brothers and sisters informed!!! Not trying to be a smarty pants!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
As twisty said, we are definitely a little high on Scott's stuff. It's due to which distributor you use and what type of volume you do with each one. Unfortunately, our biggest volume isn't done with the Scott's people.

Chev, as I said in my PM, we'd be more than happy to help you, but you can probably find it cheaper somewhere else. :dthumb:

And yes, it's DAMPER. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
As twisty said, we are definitely a little high on Scott's stuff. It's due to which distributor you use and what type of volume you do with each one. Unfortunately, our biggest volume isn't done with the Scott's people.

Chev, as I said in my PM, we'd be more than happy to help you, but you can probably find it cheaper somewhere else. :dthumb:

And yes, it's DAMPER. :)
But you guys have an awsome deal on the race chains, very nice indeed. :cheers:
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top