Two Wheel Forums banner

steering dampeners

4K views 39 replies 9 participants last post by  Gas Man 
#1 ·
could some one please give me the pros and cons of a dampener? i'm thinkin about getting one with my return money but i want to know for sure if it's worth it. thanks :dthumb:

#29 ·
i know scotts and ohlins are the same buy y does the best suspension company ohlins advertise there damper. o and how is a top mount shaft damper gonna get mangled in a lowside. and the only reason im getting the top mount shaft is casue i think it looks nicer. and yes i am getting one as soon as my tax return comes. it will be on my bike hopefully by the end of this month. and the dead spot is just something i heard alot, never used one.

#31 ·
Those prices sound about right! I personally love the way the scotts looks. See pic... not to mention, everybody asks about it and how it works...

As far as the low side thing... where does the end of your shaft style mount. If it is like most Kaw's you should have a threaded spot on your frame usually on the side of the bike. Therefore, making the shaft stick out the side of your bike....if the bike goes down on that side it will mess up that shaft sticking out...

#33 ·
Well, that's good to know... at least Kaw fixed that flaw as well. But damn, that looks funny! And you said something about the Scotts looking ugly...that's kinda FUGLY!!

#34 ·
Looks is in the eye of the beholder!
I like the looks of the shaft mount personally.
As for the Ohlions or Scotts, I don't really care. I have used both over the years and have been happy with them.
Now that junk they put on a GSXR from the factory is better than nothing and every bike capable of power wheelie straight or out of a corner should have one.
I wont get into the speed thing.

#35 ·
now i just have to make up my mind between hyperpro RSC and ohlins. sorta leaning towars RSC since at low speeds the damper is easier to turn over. unless there is a real great reson to get the ohlins, other then the fact that my jacket has an ohlins patch(neo-daytona hero, icon). lol not a big put ur sponser on urself but its a kick ass jacket.

#36 ·
zx636r said:
now i just have to make up my mind between hyperpro RSC and ohlins. sorta leaning towars RSC since at low speeds the damper is easier to turn over. unless there is a real great reson to get the ohlins, other then the fact that my jacket has an ohlins patch(neo-daytona hero, icon). lol not a big put ur sponser on urself but its a kick ass jacket.
:puke: on that stuff!!!

#40 ·
jeeps84 said:
Don't bother trying to convince Gas Man, :screwy: just get what you like. :wink:
It wont matter anyway, its going on a Kaw so its a waste of $$$. :whistle: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey now! I did my research back in the day and that's why I got a Scotts! I'm just trying to pass on a pearl of wisdom!! :bthorse:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.