Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you deal, on a daily basis, with the dreaded scenario of being first in line at a stoplight..especially for those of us that live in areas where its regulated by a trip on the pavement?

Do you just run the light if it skips over you after a couple cycles? do a u turn? switch lanes and take the long way around? etc...

Had this scenario just the other day, I spent 15 minutes at a stop light, because the light wouldnt trip, and I couldnt run it because their was a cop sitting caddy corner watching me, and a no u turn sign as well. Finally after 15 minutes, he put his lights on and left, assumingly going on a call somewhere else..so once he was outta site, I just ran the light. This was at about 2:30 am.

It's not so bad if you're with a group of riders, or even just 2 of you, but unless you are at a light that runs on a sensor other than pavement trips, this can really be a pain in the a$$. :toetap:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
There are devces, I thin' "rare earth magenets", whatever they are, that are supposed to trip the wires in the pavement.

It all depends on the situation. I wouldn't sit there for 15 min, I would do something by that time. When it was safe, key phrase, I'd proceed with my movement in safety. While illegal, it was safe due to the conditions and traffic. Most decent judges would agree with you, and most decent cops would let you go anyway after the obigatory check for wants/warrants.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
If I am the first one at the light and there are cars behind me, I move up so they can trip the light and if I am the only one I will wait till its clear and just go. I get tired of waiting there and just sitting. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GSXR750DJ said:
If I am the first one at the light and there are cars behind me, I move up so they can trip the light and if I am the only one I will wait till its clear and just go. I get tired of waiting there and just sitting. :)
well yeah. but when a cop is sitting there watching you, it changes things a bit...otherwise I would have run it too...i aint sitting there 15 min for my health..LOL

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Somehow I missed that part. Opps. hehehe It'll be ok Matt. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts