Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am stuck in Terre Huate, IN for another week for work this week and already suffering from withdrawal. I usually ride to work everyday and it's killing me knowing tomorrow I'll be stuck in the cage with 3 other guys for a 40 min commute.

This town has always boggled my mind, it's like a college town but not really. No one seems to go out anywhere. Lot's of bikes though, but kinda makes me a bit jealous.

anyway, not that this was worthy of it's own thread, but hola :cheers: from Indiana.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I've passed through there on the way to NY from CO. It was nice. I don't remember if there were a lot of bikes there. What college is there? The 'college atmosphere' may not be prevalent there because of the location of the city though.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
fatburg said:
So I am stuck in Terre Huate, IN for another week for work this week and already suffering from withdrawal. I usually ride to work everyday and it's killing me knowing tomorrow I'll be stuck in the cage with 3 other guys for a 40 min commute.

This town has always boggled my mind, it's like a college town but not really. No one seems to go out anywhere. Lot's of bikes though, but kinda makes me a bit jealous.

anyway, not that this was worthy of it's own thread, but hola :cheers: from Indiana.
Isn't that were Capt Morgan is from? Drop by and see him.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
jeeps84 said:
Maybe he can borrow the R6 since Capt don't want it anymore. :disapp:
Um, he never said he didn't want it. Just can't afford it. There is a difference. Personally, I'd sell my cage before I got rid of my R6.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Isn't the MC museum in Indpls? Indy's not that far from Terre Haute. Just went thru bk in March on my way to and from MO & found this cool pub full of racing memorabilia--lots of autographed lids & some F1 stuff too. Plenty of pix, plus (for the guys) the scenery wasn't half bad.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
BabyNinja said:
Isn't the MC museum in Indpls? Indy's not that far from Terre Haute. Just went thru bk in March on my way to and from MO & found this cool pub full of racing memorabilia--lots of autographed lids & some F1 stuff too. Plenty of pix, plus (for the guys) the scenery wasn't half bad.

I hope you are referring to the women and not like the countryside!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I stay in Tera Haute all the time when I visit a customer for business. Usually me and the other guy from my company who goes stay at the Hampton Inn, just down the street there is a Buffalo Wild Wings (bar) we grab a few beers at. Some good scenery there too (ladies) LOL

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I thought the MC muesum is in Ohio?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Gas Man said:
I thought the MC muesum is in Ohio?

Yep, that's it GM. I was thinking abt the Hall of Fame museum. Diff. ballgame, lol.

Acc. to my AAA tourbook, there's squat to do in Terre Haute unless u like the artsy stuff. Same goes for Indy, except the Speedway & HoF museum. And I checked the vicinity of IL--same story. These folks need more fun! :sorry:

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Um, he never said he didn't want it. Just can't afford it. There is a difference. Personally, I'd sell my cage before I got rid of my R6.
He never said he couldn't afford it either! He just wants to save more $ for his new house when he moves.

Here

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Ace said:
I stay in Tera Haute all the time when I visit a customer for business. Usually me and the other guy from my company who goes stay at the Hampton Inn, just down the street there is a Buffalo Wild Wings (bar) we grab a few beers at. Some good scenery there too (ladies) LOL
Yeah B-dubs is the shiit. there's one out here i go to at least once a week.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ace said:
I've heard that about BWW, I'll have to try there tomorrow night. thanks for the rec

·
Registered
123 Posts
fatburg said:
I've heard that about BWW, I'll have to try there tomorrow night. thanks for the rec
:dthumb:Yep, they've got some killer wings. I'd stop off occ. at the one in Raytown when I got a craving. I like the sweet sauce, but if ur into heat... there are some that could melt solid steel. :eek:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
BabyNinja said:
Yep, that's it GM. I was thinking abt the Hall of Fame museum. Diff. ballgame, lol.

Acc. to my AAA tourbook, there's squat to do in Terre Haute unless u like the artsy stuff. Same goes for Indy, except the Speedway & HoF museum. And I checked the vicinity of IL--same story. These folks need more fun! :sorry:
See sometimes I get one right!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well the scenery was decent, but the long island iced teas were most excellent. Just wish it was a little closer to the hotel.

What really sucked is a little pocket bike vendor set up shop across the street from my hotel, it took everything in my being not to go over. Had I not drivin here with 3 other guys I probably would have bought one of those stupid things, haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.