Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this topic will probably cause hate and discontent, lol!!!!
what is with everyone lowering and stretching there bikes? i seem to be the only one that thinks bikes modded this way look horrible. Then i rode one and it doubled my dislike. the bike absolutely handled like crap!!!! I also like stock paint schemes, but this is just my crappy :2cents: want to know what other people think?

· Registered
4,088 Posts
i don't really care for the stretching either. it leaves too much space in between the tire and frame. it looks unnatural. lowering i do like, but not to extremes. as far as paint goes, as long as it is tastefully done in minimal amount of colors i like it. i do much prefer myself the looks of single sided swingarms, and the occasional rear fat tire kit.

· Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,176 Posts
slam150 said:
i heard that lowered and streached bikes are good for only going straight on the drag strip, and handle like ****.
:withstupi The only way I would ever have one, is as a drag bike only. I prefer to improver on an already great handling bike. Not make it worse.
As for the paint. To each their own. I personally love the custom jobs but would never spend that mad cash on anything other than a trailer queen.

· Registered
13 Posts
ive just got into bikes, my gf has a lowered 87 srad, and ive got a stock 636. hers is nice and comfy and low so my feet are firmly on the ground. its great for 0-30. my 636 seems heavier, even though its lighter, i think its the weight distrubution being up higher. so anyway mine is a dream to ride compared to hers.

· Registered
31 Posts
jeeps84 said:
That makes sense. I have family in Fl that rides. It seems unless you stunt. Everybody has stretched out 6's. Bee and a few others here seem to be a rarity.
I do see some interesting looking bikes here. I saw a busa completely tricked out with ninja star style spinner wheels. I wish I had my camera. He probably wasted in 2x the value of the bike in mods.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.