Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I never heard of such a thing! But that is really cool. I really like arcitechture (sp?) and buildings in general. I would really like to go to some of those places. That is way too cool!!! :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
You guys gotta us to these places when we come up there..I'd be into checkin em out..I like that historical stuff.!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas Man said:
I never heard of such a thing! But that is really cool. I really like arcitechture (sp?) and buildings in general. I would really like to go to some of those places. That is way too cool!!! :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb: :dthumb:
No problem. My cousin frequents all the empty vacant buildings in Detroit and a few up North and is planning a visit to Maine to see some asylum or something. I can't get you to the Northville one because it is highly guarded and a bad idea but any of the ones in Detroit are cool - especially the Broderick. Gasman anytime you want to go let me know - I can get ahold of my cousin - he goes every weekend. You have to keep in mind though that this is illegal and if you get caught it is trespassing - but they hold a rave in the Broderick every weekend and the Detroit cops have better things to do. My cousin made a DVD of the old Northville tunnels that sold all over the world and was played at film festivals in Asia, Australia, etc. I have a copy of the DVD if anyone ever wants to see it. Pretty cool. I used to go there all the time - its condos and a golf course now. Yeah when you guys come up we can arrange a Saturday and head out to some of the cooler ones or something - he was watching Tiger games from the Broderick this year and the fireworks after which is pretty cool.

The whole "Survival Crackas" name is pretty cool. They found a can of Survival Crackers from WW II in a building and it took off from there.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Man, I'm all over this! It would rock! Don't let me forget this MP! I want to go. As soon as everything chills out and the winter slow sets in. I'm in!!!

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
WOw man, those northville pictures bring up a lot of old blurry memories. Used to be a big spot for me and my friends to go as teenagers experimenting with psychadelics. Been all around in there, scary as hell! Same with Hillcrest out here in howell, had tunnels all over and underground buildings and stuff.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
WOW I can't beleive that these places are no longer being used. What a bummer. All that money to build them and now look at them. :( Would love to see them one day.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
just like the ancient ruins of old..just alot closer to home..

we have some of those types of landmarks in york, but not near as cool as those. in york, they're all just old dumps, but nothing special about em.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gas Man said:
Man, I'm all over this! It would rock! Don't let me forget this MP! I want to go. As soon as everything chills out and the winter slow sets in. I'm in!!!
Winter is prime time - In the summer the young kids are around destroying **** so the cops are more likely to bust you. In the Winter no one cares.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Winter is prime time - In the summer the young kids are around destroying **** so the cops are more likely to bust you. In the Winter no one cares.
Sounds good to me. Make sure you give me a call the next time you plan on going with them. I would LOVE to go!

It just a shame that they can't use those buildings today. They are great landmarks and very great looking artitechture (sp?). It is just sad! I love buildings!!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update - Article in Detroit Free Press

My cousin pointed this out to me yesterday. I think this is way cool. He was interviewed by the Detroit Free Press. Check it out, his name is mentioned near the bottom - John Wagner.

Detroit Free Press Article

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:D :eek: That rocks and potrays them well!!! :dthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts