Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me first say that red is a terrible backround colour choice for this site when their is black font involved! :bash:

Anyway,
Does anyone out there have a gs500f that they would like to share their thoughts and opinions on?
or sv650s?

:here:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Personally, I like the entire site. It's very informative and everyone here is more than willing to help with anything that you request.

Grafixx01

Oh, welcome to TWF :twfrox:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
:welcome: :twfrox:
I prefer the SV650.
It has allot more room to grow with your ability. :2cents:

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
this is a open invatation for bulldog to post whore away..i cant wait to see the results... :lol:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
:withstupi

i want to see what BD says so i can clear up all his SV banter. :wink:

Riley Welcome to the forum! You cant go wrong with the SV. It will keep you occupied longer than the GS. And can be turned into a race bike should you feel the need. Only real draw back to the SV is its suspension, but its way better than the GS susp. 360lb, short wheelbase, V-twin... :dthumb:

These sites will help convince you :dthumb:
svrider.com
sv650.org

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The styling is very nice but I really like the price of the 500 compared to the 650 not that the 650 is too much.

Will the 500 be a great or good first bike for me?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Assuming you have zero seat time... Are you looking at new or used bikes? You can get a used SV for an extremely reasonable price ( i know someone selling an 01' in good shape for $1600 around here). Pre 03' bikes look the best in my opinion. The 500 is a great starter bike. Deffinately mild enough to keep you confident. If you plan to have your starter bike a while then the SV will grow with your experience. If you want a real basic bike and plan on moving to another once youve learned... the GS. And buying used will save you the heartache WHEN you drop it. I just think the SV is more for your money, affordable and upgradeable.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

post script: you can use the 500 in the MSF classes

·
20,168 Posts
:iagree: again
A used SV is cheaper than a new GSF.
It will also be easier to get a new SV now than to buy a GSF and want to sale/trade for a better bike in a few months.

·
20,168 Posts
Don't forget you can get full fairings straight from Suzuki! (sharkzkinz is cheaper)

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
riley...welcome to TWF.

Grafixx01...welcome as well to TWF if I never told you.

riley...as JK and jeeps said....the SV is a great bike to start off with. Goodluck. :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
JK that first SV is sweet!

I don't know why you see all red...I see gray behind the posts and red along the sides...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts