Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago, I purchased a 2001 SV650s in mint condition with extremely low mileage. I need to perform some routine maintenance which will require removing both the left and right hand fairing. There are two LED turn signal bulbs that point forward out the hole below the headlights. Was this a factory install or aftermarket? I've been unable to get a hold of the original owner.

Last year, I replaced the left hand fairing due to a paint blemish and had to cut all the wires and unscrew the LED in order to remove the fairing. I'd hate to have to do this again.

Thanks,
Bryan.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
This was an aftermarket install. There were no LED bulbs factory on the 01 SVS. I would recommend, when you take the fairing off cut the wires, and put male / female connectors on so it will be an easy connect and disconnect each time you have to tear it apart.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:welcome: Speedway... and :nopicsbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gas Man said:
:welcome: Speedway... and :nopicsbs:
Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have a good enough camera to take the picture. I figured the description would do for now.

Back to the bike....I assume that an allen socket screw goes in place of the LEDs.....

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
OK...we'll let it slide this time! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts