Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the new Fizzy rocks, so I really want to hone my tachnique, plus keep it rubber side down!

Last night on the way to work I hit some sand (I think) coming off my street onto the main road. The back tire slid sideways a bit. I think I rolled on a little, but I honestly don't remember. What do you guys do when it happens?

I havn't looked it up in TotW recently, but I thought that Keith Code's advice was to roll on gently and the tire will bite. Not sure if that's always the best tactic.

Any advice?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
im no expert but if you keep it steady or roll on a little with some control you could slide out liek u did, if you let off throttle at too high a speed it will bite and HIGHside ur arse.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jeeps84 said:
Its always a gamble but, rolling on the throttle is what I do.
It can still go different ways but worst case is usually a low side.
Ok, how often do y'all feel a small slide (it felt like around 1-2" left on a righthand turn.)?

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
well a low side is always better then high side so give it gas and have fun with it ..... lol ..... then streighten it up

·
Registered
543 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
When in doubt, give it gas. It might not be the right answer, but it'll end the suspense :D

- Roach

:rofl3: :rofl3:

That was classic, Roach :dthumb:

AFT: The couple times that's happenend for me, I've just given it a LITTLE bit more throttle than I already had applied and just enough countersteer to offset the "dip" that I felt from the slide and let the bike do its thing. It really doesn't want to go down any more than you do :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts