Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you wax your ride, wouldn't it make sense to protect and clean your lid?

What do you use? Car wax? Rain-X? Nothing?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I clean my lid everytime I come back from a ride..i just take some warm soap/water and wash it down..then take a soft cloth, clean the inside/outside of the shield with streak free glass cleaner..than occasionally anti-fog as well..but dont usually have a problem with fog though, fortunately!!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I do about the same as Matt does. However, for no fing reason what so ever, I have a serious problem with it fogging up on my. Now that really sucks when him and I are in triple digits and it fogs up on me. Besides Rain-X, what else works good to stop fogging??? :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I do about the same as Matt does. However, for no fing reason what so ever, I have a serious problem with it fogging up on my. Now that really sucks when him and I are in triple digits and it fogs up on me. Besides Rain-X, what else works good to stop fogging??? :)

dont ride at 3am in the freezin arse cold to walmart!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
dont ride at 3am in the freezin arse cold to walmart!! :lol:

Why. But why not. You know its just as much fu as I do. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Why. But why not. You know its just as much fu as I do. :dthumb:

i still cant understand why u didnt put that item on u bought at walmart, on for the ride home.. :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
i still cant understand why u didnt put that item on u bought at walmart, on for the ride home.. :lol:

HEHEHE :D After going home I wished I did. It will be on next time we ride at 2 and 3am. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ok, we've jacked this thread long enuff..back to the topic..

bumblebee..wouldnt that shampoo leave a film after awhile on ur shield ?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
ok, we've jacked this thread long enuff..back to the topic..

bumblebee..wouldnt that shampoo leave a film after awhile on ur shield ?

Not if it is rinsed fully and dried good. It shouldn't leave any kind of dandruff. I think he may be using Head and Shoulders. :whistle: :lol:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Not if it is rinsed fully and dried good. It shouldn't leave any kind of dandruff. I think he may be using Head and Shoulders. :whistle: :lol:

arsetard!! after you use a shampoo for awhile, it tends to leave a buildup, even if u rinse thoroughly..and since shampoo is rather thick i would think it would build up after awhile, but dont know, so im asking ;)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:

yeah DJ, stop jackin this thread :smash:im just waiting for bumblebee's response to the shampoo thing, interesting!..

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
arsetard!! after you use a shampoo for awhile, it tends to leave a buildup, even if u rinse thoroughly..and since shampoo is rather thick i would think it would build up after awhile, but dont know, so im asking ;)
hmmm maybe if he uses Neutrogena shampoo on it. That is to help remove buildup- :lol: (sorry I had to)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I try to polish my "helmet" every day and I use Jergens.. lol..

Seriously though I tried rain-x and it blurred my vision - NFG. I use Stoner now and it is crystal clear - works good. As far as the helmet portion I wipe the bugs off with Stoner and leave it at that.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
double2000r6 said:

Seriously though I tried rain-x and it blurred my vision - NFG. I use Stoner now and it is crystal clear - works good. As far as the helmet portion I wipe the bugs off with Stoner and leave it at that.

Where did you pick up Stoner and how much is it a bottle.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:

thats one of the benefits of riding when its cold out..alot less bugs u need to clean off!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts