Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any good stories out there? One comes to mind for me. A number of years ago I decided I was going to ride from Seattle to Chile. I had an original zx10 at the time. I made it as far as the Pan-American gap"never heard of it until that point, it was an underfunded ill concieved plan" anyway I turned around and went to vegas for a couple of weeks instead.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Well besides the one I posted one the thread about the 205MPH speeding ticket, one more does come to mind.

I was riding across a bridge and only saw one car on it about half way acrossed and thought how long it would take me to catch up to it. So I hit the throttle and opened her up. As I did I put my feet up on the back seat to be a smart ass as I went by the car and saw the unmarked car with the cop in it. Not good. I got off the exit at the end of the bridge and the cop came up to me and said,"So where you flying to Superman". I laughed out load and ended up not getting a ticket. He told me to slow it down and keep my feet in the right place. He was a very nice cop. :dthumb:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
Well besides the one I posted one the thread about the 205MPH speeding ticket, one more does come to mind.

I was riding across a bridge and only saw one car on it about half way acrossed and thought how long it would take me to catch up to it. So I hit the throttle and opened her up. As I did I put my feet up on the back seat to be a smart ass as I went by the car and saw the unmarked car with the cop in it. Not good. I got off the exit at the end of the bridge and the cop came up to me and said,"So where you flying to Superman". I laughed out load and ended up not getting a ticket. He told me to slow it down and keep my feet in the right place. He was a very nice cop. :dthumb:
LoL Nice! :lol:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:

Yea you got lucky with that one! :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
just a quick thing that comes to mind, a couple months ago, when all the harley's were riding through York on their way to a POW MIA ralley in Washington DC, They had to close down part of RT 30 and course I just happened to be sitting there in traffic, there were some 1000 hogs that came rolling thru at one particular time!! the cops let them all run the lights just to keep traffic moving..I just turned off the bike, and watched. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
I did 1326 miles in 2.5 days a few years ago on an old BMW K something with radial plies sticking out. I have photos somewhere.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
I did 1326 miles in 2.5 days a few years ago on an old BMW K something with radial plies sticking out. I have photos somewhere.
was that for the iron-butt competition? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts