Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Are there any products available for sticking on your tank that allow riding pants to have some traction on the tank? I'm getting really tired of my softer spots meeting the gas tank at 35+ when I hit rough roads even though I'm TRYING to hold myself back with my knees....

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Try lifting yourself off the seat at impact or use your upper body to control movement. Grip tape would work but I've never heard of anything like that.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Stomp Pads. They're pretty cool.

We started seeing a lot of track-day and race bikes coming into the shop with them, so we decided to open an account with them and see how they do -

http://www.speedwerks.com/catalog/c132m151bm0b0s1pn0p0np0

I'm actually putting a set on my new R6 racebike - I'll have a review up after I put them on and try them out.

- Roach

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As usual, the folks at SW are on top of things! :D Thanks Roach!

I will look forward to seeing your review on them. I would be particularly interested in how easy the adhesive is to manage when putting on/taking off.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
prolly not but thats y they make razorblades. jsut put it on like normal and then cut along the tank pad and there ya go.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Will "Stomp Pads" fit around like a tank pad/protector?
Unless you're doing a lot of fast twisty riding and racing, I don't really see the need to have the stomp pads. They're not meant to protect your tanks but to allow your legs to grip the tank better under more aggressive riding circumstances.

btw, they look ugly imo so that's more of a performence "mod" than a bling bling mod.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
:jacked: :sorry:

Anyone know how easy or hard it is to take off a tankpad if you want to change it? I bought one and put it on but then I found this one that looks a lot better that I like.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Graff...do you mean the rectangular stickers? If so they are just like any other sticker... it sucks if you're trying to be carefull and not scratch the paint!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Gas Man said:
Graff...do you mean the rectangular stickers? If so they are just like any other sticker... it sucks if you're trying to be carefull and not scratch the paint!

When I put it on, it said to heat it up to like make it "plyable". Figure taking like a heat gun to it would soften up the adhesive? Then maybe use like "Goo-Gone" to take the adhesive off completely?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yep Goo Gone is your friend! Just like the men in the white jackets!! :D

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Gas Man said:
Yep Goo Gone is your friend! Just like the men in the white jackets!! :D
Hey, I take offense to that. I've seen multiple head shrinkers in the past like 15 years. Even recent as this past July/August when I told this E6 at Fort Benning that if he talked to me, looked at me or came by me ever again that I'd stab him in his temple with my knife. (Long story behind that though)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Graff...that is awesome! Get those commie basta*ds!!! Get em all! If you need help give me a shout and I'll call MudPuppy and we'll bring the F'em army!! Shoot em all up!! YEA!!

:lol:

This has been a MP substitute message to avoid withdrawls!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts