Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the tankslapper tank protection product for a while and is getting very close to order one. I just want to see if anyone here have any experience (pros and cons) about the products before diving in. TIA

·
Registered
893 Posts
Samurai_Jack said:
I've been looking at the tankslapper tank protection product for a while and is getting very close to order one. I just want to see if anyone here have any experience (pros and cons) about the products before diving in. TIA
Do you mind posting a link to show me what this is???? Thanks!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
tankslapper...must be refering to some type of stick to the tank where your belt bucket would hit...

The 3M static cling style films are by far the BEST! They go on well and once smoothed out, you can't hardly see them!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
http://www.thetankslapper.com/

As far as I know, the only difference between the tankslapper kit and the 3M adhesive kits is that the tankslappers are not adhesive so it's easier to install and take off (oh, and cheaper too). I'm just a bit worried about how long it'll last and how well it'll stay on the tank. I guess I may as well order the thing and let u guys know how it turns out.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Oh yeah... I remembered it once I seen the site... those work great and they're made by 3M!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
twisty said:
WAIT! WAIT! You did what?:screwy:
I was thinking the same thing. He just said he "sewed" one together. :scratch:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Hey, since you sewed a tankbra for your bike, mind sewing me a bandanna to wear? I got a big head and normal ones don't fit! I like the Philadelphia Eagles so I'd prefer one with that logo on it! Thanks, I'll expect it soon.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Hey, since you sewed a tankbra for your bike, mind sewing me a bandanna to wear? I got a big head and normal ones don't fit! I like the Philadelphia Eagles so I'd prefer one with that logo on it! Thanks, I'll expect it soon.
That looks cool. Buy it and let us know.

Graffix meant to say New England Patriots. It's OK Graff, you can hop on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
D, HELL NO. NEVER. Liked the Eagles since Reggie White (RIP) was on the team. Even had an autographed ball by everyone on that team, too bad my mom's ex-husbands son stole it from me. But it's cool cause now he is locked up in federal prison cause was associated with the people in the 9/11 attacks(May he die in prison!)

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
What did his association w/ 9/11 involve. He should have been killed already!!...slowly. We should fly little remote control airplanes into him until he dies. Paybacks a bitch!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Samurai_Jack said:
wtf :flush: go start your own post whoring thread!
Yeah stop JACKING the thread!!

:jacked:

:whore:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Heck they're only like $15.95...which isn't bad!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Bought it from my local shop for $18 and change.
Its a pain to install but is worth it!
Use some soapy water to apply and a hair dry, credit card and straight pin to smooth out.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yep the soapy water is the key...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts