Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know im a newb here but im sure alot of you guys get this feeling. Ever since i rode my friends modded gsxr750 and pulled the wheel up by accident like 3 times, i knew i had the bug for speed. On that bike and every bike ive ever riden when i juice it, i get that weightless feeling when accelerating. I crack the throttle and i hear that bike revving and it damn near feels like im gonna fly off the bike and i just hold tighter as i go faster. Its kind of scary but i love it and i do it time and time again. I get that weird like butterflies feeling in the pit of my stomach. Now ive only gone up to like 130mph but damnit thats way fukin fast for me cause im a newb and im sure nobody will argue that 130mph isnt fast in most respects.

But man, i love that strange feeling. I dont even look down to see how fast im going most of the time. I just look straight ahead and **** at how fast things are coming at me and that im going faster. I love it.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
definately gotta love that feeling...its one of the great pleasures in life!! :redmc: and yeah, 130 MPH is definately movin no matter how you look at it, anything after that, its all relative :D

:cool:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I get that feeling everytime I put the pedal to the floor or give the throttle a twist. I can be having the worst day ever but a good drive/ride will put a smile on my face. Heck, I'm grinning here while typing this just thinking about it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I agree Becca. But what im thinking when i crack it is "holy fuk, holy fuk, hold on dont let go, dont let go, go faster, ohh shiiettttt"....

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
130MPH...Thats it. Just kidding. Thats awsome. Now I know that the WOS guys will tell you and I have heard them say it, that you don't start living till you hit 150+MPH. hehehe Now that is moving. :D

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
130MPH...Thats it. Just kidding. Thats awsome. Now I know that the WOS guys will tell you and I have heard them say it, that you don't start living till you hit 150+MPH. hehehe Now that is moving. :D
:withstupi That's the way life is! All of us WOS guys know how to go Wide Open. That's why were are WOS....Wide Open Sportbikes! :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
:withstupi That's the way life is! All of us WOS guys know how to go Wide Open. That's why were are WOS....Wide Open Sportbikes! :dthumb:

yeah..the WOS guys rock..maybe we can teach each other a thing or 2 end of this month! :D

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
yeah..the WOS guys rock..maybe we can teach each other a thing or 2 end of this month! :D

I am thinking they can teach us a thing or 2. LOL :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
twisty said:
There is a spot on the Gap that makes you fell weightless. It is the gravity cavity. Lots of fun. Your bike"If going fast enough" will leave the the tarmac. Quite the stomach turner.

we gotta try this in june when we head down there!! sweet!!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
twisty said:
There is a spot on the Gap that makes you fell weightless. It is the gravity cavity. Lots of fun. Your bike"If going fast enough" will leave the the tarmac. Quite the stomach turner.

Is that spot on your video you have on WOS??? If so, where at? :)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Speaking of things coming at you fast I usually try to avoid that as it detracts from my reaction time - I try to "slow" things down by looking far enough ahead. It is kind of amazing how you can adjust the inputs and reactions through your first line of senses - your eyes. Try, in a car probably at first, looking way ahead at say 80mph or so and see how things slow way down and try to keep the car in front of you in your peripheral vision. It is kind of cool to do that. I mean what good does looking right in front of you when you are going 300+ fps? You can't react anyways. The feeling of speed is just so awesome though. Especially on a bike. Just the wind ripping by you sounding like something is tearing or something.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That is always one of the first things any driving school will teach you...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts