Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone watch The Contender and the final fight? I was into to it, and my wife completely addicted to the show. Was never a boxing fan, but the show definately made me and my wife one. They claim they will not do another one, however the show got very high ratings.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I know a pro boxer ref and he also sets up fights... and after hangin around him and hearing about how bad boxing is "setup/fixed"..I have no interest in it!

I have watched the show a few times when nothing else was on and once when a buddy was over and likes the show... but I wouldn't plan my life around it!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Ace said:
Did anyone watch The Contender and the final fight? I was into to it, and my wife completely addicted to the show. Was never a boxing fan, but the show definately made me and my wife one. They claim they will not do another one, however the show got very high ratings.

Hey, I watched an inteview with Sly Stalone and he said that he's thinkin' about another Rocky moive, Rocky 6 if memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grafixx01 said:
Hey, I watched an inteview with Sly Stalone and he said that he's thinkin' about another Rocky moive, Rocky 6 if memory serves me correctly.

Sly never should have been on the show. Except for a know celebrity presence. I mainly watched it because I know Jackie Kallans Daughter In Law and respect her story and how she got where she is today.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Ace said:
Sly never should have been on the show. Except for a know celebrity presence. I mainly watched it because I know Jackie Kallans Daughter In Law and respect her story and how she got where she is today.

Who's that? (Jackie Kallans Daughter-In-Law) I didn't watch the show ever, I just saw the interview. They went on during the interview to tell about the incident that put Sly in the hospital in the Rocky that he fought Dolf Lundren in. Said he had a swelled heart and some other stuff.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grafixx01 said:
Who's that? (Jackie Kallans Daughter-In-Law) I didn't watch the show ever, I just saw the interview. They went on during the interview to tell about the incident that put Sly in the hospital in the Rocky that he fought Dolf Lundren in. Said he had a swelled heart and some other stuff.

Jackie Kallen is pretty much the first woman involved in boxing. She was a manager. The movie "Against The Ropes" was about her. SHe is a manager/ promoter. They did not show her too often in the series, but she was one of the main 3, Sly, Sugar Ray, and Her.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Ace said:
Jackie Kallen is pretty much the first woman involved in boxing. She was a manager. The movie "Against The Ropes" was about her. SHe is a manager/ promoter. They did not show her too often in the series, but she was one of the main 3, Sly, Sugar Ray, and Her.
Glad you posted this Ace because I have been watching this show and could not figure out for the life of me who she was. DJ got me hooked on this show. I was sorta hoping the opposite would have one but those guys had a hell of a fight. I was def glad when Anthony lost. I just didn't like his whole tude. :wink: It would be great if they did another season. Helluva lot better than these other shows just showing people sitting around a house and argue all the time. :bash:

Grafixx01 said:
Last week one of the contedors father asked him when Rocky 6 was gonna come and he replied "What am I gonna fight next, old age" :lol: I think good ole Sly should kick back now. Maybe they should get his son in the movie for a Rocky 6. :dthumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ace said:
Ive always been into boxing, but this show really turned my wife onto it as well!! :dthumb:

Hey Gasman, whats his name cause that's some serious :wbs:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ace said:
The wife and I are boxing fans but I could not bring myself to watch this show. I didn't like the fact that editing would be involved in addition to Sly Stallone's involvement (possibly ensure ratings?).

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
mlkx3 said:
Ive always been into boxing, but this show really turned my wife onto it as well!! :dthumb:

Hey Gasman, whats his name cause that's some serious :wbs:
Well I'm not going to go there... that wouldn't be right... let's just say this, and if you really want to know you'll find out...

He was the ref for the most recent Tyson fight in Detroit...which was like 2 years ago...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts