Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is not a situation that I'm personally in but rather a friend that I met in the MSF Beginner Course. And this is not to offend anyone of the female persuation either.

He came to me yesterday when we were at the DMV getting our "M" identifier put on our license. He said that he has this neighbor who he's been friends with for a while and she knows that he got a bike and the license. He's really good friends with her and she asked him for a ride.

So here's the question that he asked me, "How do you nicely tell a 200+ lb female who you've been friends with for a while that you can't take her for a ride?"

He told me that he's afraid that the tail section will snap off, she'll burn herself on the exhaust or something like that.

What's your best way to tell her no ride?

I apologize deeply if I offended anyone with this question but I don't know how to answer him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
tell him to tell her that he just got his license and is not comfortable riding on his own, let alone taking passengers right now. If she's any kind of friend she'll understand. Then after a while, like 636 said, get a seat cowl and take off the rear pegs. If she wants to know why you don't put them back on, just tell her you sold them. yada yada yada, if she still bugs you to go on rides after a while, just tell her to piss off
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Dan's suggestion is pretty good.

I too have had this situation and the only thing I can usually have in my defense is that "I left my seat at home... all I have is my cowl."
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
474 Posts
Tell her he doesnt have a passenger seat.

My bestfriend was in that situation. We were all trailoring our bikes to this parking lot far out. One of the girls that went with us her friend wanted to go and we had just pasted her house 30 minutes back. So one of the guys said he will ride back pick her up and meet us there, but before he agreed he asked her how much she weighed.

When she said 180 he said that he couldnt do it because it throws his bike off balance... The girl got mad and didnt want to go ..But I thought it was funny :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
If he just completed the MSF, he probably have no business (lack of confidence or skill) with carrying a passenger on the bike. In this case, tell her that he doesn't feel comfortable about being responsible for another person at his current skill level or that he doesn't have an extra helmet to spare.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
474 Posts
I can see the sticker now

"No Fat Chicks Allow"
"Bike Weight Limit 130lbs"
"If you got more than 1 belly please back away from the bike"
"Wide Load" with a big red X on it :rofl:
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
XtremeRacingDiva said:
I can see the sticker now

"No Fat Chicks Allow"
"Bike Weight Limit 130lbs"
"If you got more than 1 belly please back away from the bike"
"Wide Load" with a big red X on it :rofl:
:rofl3: :dthumb:
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
DAN DUBEAU said:
tell him to tell her that he just got his license and is not comfortable riding on his own, let alone taking passengers right now. If she's any kind of friend she'll understand. Then after a while, like 636 said, get a seat cowl and take off the rear pegs. If she wants to know why you don't put them back on, just tell her you sold them. yada yada yada, if she still bugs you to go on rides after a while, just tell her to piss off
Sounds the best to me!:dthumb:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
XtremeRacingDiva said:
I can see the sticker now

"No Fat Chicks Allow"
"Bike Weight Limit 130lbs"
"If you got more than 1 belly please back away from the bike"
"Wide Load" with a big red X on it :rofl:
Man I REALLY like the way this girl thinks!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,335 Posts
I agree 100% with Dan and that is exactly what I was going to suggest. One other option, when she asks why he got rid of passenger pegs/seat is to say that he took someone for a ride and HATED the way the bike handled so he swore he'd never take another passenger. ;)
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
I agree 100% with Dan and that is exactly what I was going to suggest. One other option, when she asks why he got rid of passenger pegs/seat is to say that he took someone for a ride and HATED the way the bike handled so he swore he'd never take another passenger. ;)
It does make a big difference having a 100lb on the back.
No way would I take 200lb. :nonod:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
You could also say that the manufacture doesn't suggest a un-even weight balance... ie... heavier passenger than the rider
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
You could also say that the manufacture doesn't suggest a un-even weight balance... ie... heavier passenger than the rider
You might as well say your fat and I'm not taking you! :bslap:
Not a good idea if its a friend. :2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,790 Posts
My ex g/f always wanted to ride, but I always kept the seat cowl on, so I told her I couldn't find my rear seat, or its too much trouble to switch out the bracket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Would it look like this if he gave her a ride (see attachment)? :scratch:

Seriously the weight load on the rear shock and bike stability are the real truth to the sistuation if she can't understand it really would not matter what you say.

:whistle:
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
f4ilapper said:
Would it look like this if he gave her a ride (see attachment)? :scratch:

Seriously the weight load on the rear shock and bike stability are the real truth to the sistuation if she can't understand it really would not matter what you say.

:whistle:
That's not to bad!
Should wheelie easy! :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
474 Posts
SVupON1 said:
My ex g/f always wanted to ride, but I always kept the seat cowl on, so I told her I couldn't find my rear seat, or its too much trouble to switch out the bracket.
Hey my ex-boyfriend did the same thing :scratch: except I am not fat....

What gives...

He told me he returned the seat back to suzuki..lol :bash:
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top