Registered
9,263 Posts
:drool: :drool: Wow..beast ride!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Pigface1 said:
:smash: That's badazz..

Why do they call it a Fireblade in the UK anyway?
I dont the exact answer, but I know ever since the 900RR came out, Europe, etc., have been using the Fireblade name for it. If nothing else, sounds more beastly than just CBR1000RR..

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
WOW. Thats a mini mortgage. But a sweet bike.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pigface1 said:
:smash: That's badazz..

Why do they call it a Fireblade in the UK anyway?
It's also called that in Canada. In fact, I think it's only the US that uses lame acronyms instead of cool names. I think it has something to do with insuring the bikes here. Insurance companies get scared off by bikes with bad ass names, I think. My 900RR has "Fireblade" stickers on the belly of the fairing, though.

Back in the old days, I had an INTERCEPTOR (though that name has made a comeback within the last couple years) and my buddy had a HURRICANE (which later became the CBR600).

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Some good pics and info in this beast, in this months Motorcyclist Mag..

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Damn, I can get my VFR, 1000RR, and my ZX12 for the price of this... :dthumb:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
AKA said:
That's a lot more money for 21hp
A racer - one of the truly fast guys - can qualify this bike on the front row of an AMA national and run with the factory stars.

Chris Vermuelen is basically doing just that in World Superbike this year...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is the handling really that much better?

What would see track times wise?

I'm just askling because for me, it wouldn't be useful, I couldn't ride it to the edge (nor the "normal" one)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
AKA said:
Is the handling really that much better?
They change the suspension as well. How much better it is, I don't know.

What would see track times wise?
Again, no idea.

I'm just askling because for me, it wouldn't be useful, I couldn't ride it to the edge (nor the "normal" one)
For most people, it wouldn't be useful. In the real world, 600s have enough power for the majority of riders out there.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
The Saint said:
For most people, it wouldn't be useful. In the real world, 600s have enough power for the majority of riders out there.

I must be in the minority. My 650 leaves me wanting...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
1000s, etc, can't keep up w/ my friends on their 600s on back roads. I think most people can't ride to a bikes limit, including me.

Still, if I'm gonna spend 30k I'm getting a duck or Benelli. :smash: If I'm going full blown race bike, I'd get an RC51 and race prep it. For now my CBR600 is plenty. It's quicker than my friend's R6, at least up to 140 or so. Another friend's 04 gsxr600 is quite a bit quicker up top.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
The Saint For most people said:
Oh yeah, when you're talking about 600 that'll hit 140, and beg you for more, and the fact that you trick them out the wazoo and they're light as a feather..no wonder they are the most popular sport bike class today.. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts