Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on the net..if you think about it, alot of times, its quite true.

Is it just me of there is new murphy law in bikes: more power on the bike, less gear on rider. I mean, when I see those guys (Atlanta, ga) riding in shorts, t-shirts, they are always on some powerfull beast, like r1, r6, busa, or gixxer 750. and when I see guys in full body armor, they ride sv650, tuna 600, or gs500. I even saw a dude on rc51 on GA 400 today. He was comfortably riding in a very left lane, about 70 mph, piling up traffic behind him, wearing t-shirt and a brain bucket(I would not call that thing a helmet). Do you guys see that too, of its just me?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just saw something like this last night while out riding..4 riders..R1, ZX10,Busa & a Nighthawk 750...I'll give props to the R1 rider, he was in full gear..but the other 3 were in Tshirts, glasses and a lid. Speeding thru town like a bat outta hell. I was about a half block behind them when they pulled out and were gone, outta sight in just a matter of seconds. Cops everywhere due to the holiday weekend, traffic like crazy, and several bars along this stretch of the city as well. The R1 and Busa almost bought it when a pickup with a couple of drunks at the wheel, literally, pulled out right in front of them. just before they sped off outta site.
:confused:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Yeah I see these idiots all the time around here.. More so people on Harleys than anything.. Friday on the way up North I see a guy on a Harley and the chick on the back has a bikini top and jean shorts with sandals.. I wear full gear 99.9% of the time - I just hope the .1% nothing happens.. right?

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaron said:
still trying to figure out why its not a law in CT to wear a helmet!

IN PA, we just recently had the helmet law repealed (last september) ..and that day, at 12:05 am, I noticed a couple of harley's riding down the road, minus the lid. I was like damn, wasting no time in raising your risk level there huh!..insert bonk smilie here.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
I saw tons of squids on Busas riding in T's. Of course, most of it was at the track. But... practice what you play.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was driveing to work down I-75 one time and this guy on a gixxer 750 pulled up behind me wearing a t-shirt,jeans and a pair of sun glasses ,Rideing down the highway,Doing about 80,I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Beleive it. It will happen everyday somewhere out there. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts