1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Didn't you already post this once before. I'm pretty sure you did because I've seen it on your site. If not I just seen it on your site like 2 weeks ago...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well

The cash is going to be used to pay the atturney for this crimal case for RACING... Wich we were not doing, but what can I do... I dont have spare $ like that, so I will get out of riding for a while...

Wish you guys all the best, and be careful out there, also I wanna thank the TWO WHEEL FORUM for the good times...

Later
KP-

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Good luck and I wish you best of luck as well. If you got the time, please tell the whole story as to what happened.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah KP, that's a drag! And not in a good way. Keep us posted with all of this. So what are you going to ride then?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After this is allover and done,I might Just geta track R6 and say to hell with strret riding...

KP-

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I have a couple of friends here in Tally that are in the same trouble. They were out riding some of the back roads in the forest. They were doing triple digits and were riding single file, but the arresting officer said they were racing. Now, there is a big difference between speeding and racing. They are facing felony charges and also are needing attorneys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok, maybe I'm just a newb, but triple digits on a public road and in a group?

Who cares if they were racing, that's just not cool.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:

:scratch: Obvoously, you don't heat it up?

Triple digits is a way of life.

·
Registered
667 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:

I had the same mind set when I started riding last year. I could see no particular reason to run in excess of 100 mph on public roads, well.....It's my second year, a newer bike and +100 mph on occasion has occured. As you get more experienced, you will push the envelope as your skills improve. That's not to say that I am trying to perform a Rossi/Mladin/etc., impersonation on public roads but if the expressway should clear, I am definitely opening it up. I guarantee, you will open-up that sportbike eventually.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:

Maybe you should buy a cruiser and not a sportbike.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:

I have to agree. That's not to say we all couldn't be pushed into doing it, but I'd, personally, back off out of fear. Fear of jail and fear of crashing. But, that's just me. :2cents: :thumbs:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
We have a spot down here that is almost 50 miles of straight,flat, level road through the forest where you can run triple digits for 30 miles and never meet another car, It is really easy to let the bike run comfortably, which as you know, will approach triple numbers quickly

·
Registered
109 Posts
bumblebee said:
Maybe you should buy a cruiser and not a sportbike.
:chill: Ok, bordering on uncool. That's almost an insult! :chill: Of course, I have toyed with the idea of a crusier and a track bike.

Seriously, I do want to go 100-150 mph. But the public road just doesn't seem like the right place. When I'm ready, probably later this year or next season, I plan on going to Texas for a track day.

I'm not trying to be a holier-than-thou: I've gone 100 in my Jetta, on the expressway, just to see if it would (yes, in 4th gear!) If I ever do go 100 on my bike in public, it'll probably also be on an expressway (I-80 in western Nebraska is usually sparsely patrolled, and I've gone 90 in the eastbound and cops in the westbound didn't even bat an eyelash.)

But I've heard too many sportbikers complain about the cagers when they're goofing off or speeding themselves.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've got a family who depends on my existence so speeds like that are irresposible and selfish for me.

EDIT: Back on topic, sweeet bike! :luck:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
That's why we go into the forest, where there are miles of beautifully maintained roadways and very few cars, of course, you could come across a deer, bear or armadillo...Expressways, interstates and the like are where you are more apt to find trouble

·
Registered
109 Posts
:bthorse:

Anyway, KatanaPilot, sorry for the :jacked:

After this is allover and done,I might Just geta track R6 and say to hell with strret riding...
I'm sorry to hear you may be leaving the street. Are trackdays common where you live?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it is like a 6 hour drive... but not sure how long that track might last. Govt here is shutting them down for noise.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts