and who would actually take over Canada?Pigface1 said:Jesus, doesn't anyone watch the news anymore? lol
That's Ann Coulter, she's hot, but she is off her rocker. She makes Limbaugh look like Al Sharpton.
However, she has a point here. If we weren't here, Canada would be taken over in a week. They helped storm one beach on D-Day, and then think they can act like their French counterparts for the rest of the century and then some.
I have a couple Canadian friends and they can't stand their gov't either.
Who and why? Shyt, France, Belgium, won't even protect themselves, why would they travel half way across the world to protect you?beanz said:almost the whole world would defend us
beanz said:wish I could go on that show and own that biatch with a serious history lesson:
- "Only the bad Americans go there" and she mentions the blue states, Vietnam families, and various other groups. So I'm assuming that only traitors go to Canada is what she is trying to say. Hm last I checked the entire US as a country is a group of traitors, seperating from the British Colonies.
Colonists got sick of snot nosed elitests in Europe that wanted to control every facet of their lives.
- Last time the US tried to "roll over us" was 1812 - we burnt down the white house
Yeah, thanks for that. Pat us on the back, then kick us in the balls. You guys sided with the Brits because you thought they were going to win. No more, no less, and you still lost. The French learned the same thing in the French and Indian war.
- Our economy floats on the US one? Sure we're their largest trading partner, but it's vice versa as well. And let's see how well your economy does without LA and the entire state of California when we shut off the free power we've been giving you from BC Hydro Besides, ours is on the up while yours is on the down. There's a reason why our dollar and shot up 15 cents in the last year vs the US dollar.
Check your facts, California is bankrupt.
- Agreed, our military isn't all that great, but it was when it counted. We had the 4th largest military in the world in WWII, and we fought in it 2.5 years longer then the US did! In more recent years we've realised we don't need to spend all our money on military power and instead have a healthcare system and a lack of ghetto's in our cities.
2.5 years more and you didn't accomplish anything. The U.S. took 80% of the casualties on D Day while you guys stormed half a beach with the Brits. Meanwhile we were also fighting in the Pacific. Thanks for your help there, too.
- The French comment - hate everyone that's different from you cause that's the American way!
- Finally, I would like to point out how many major national issues are a direct result of the US's own ignorance:
Cuban Missle Crisis: Bay Of Pigs - let's cut them off from our economy and make them be so desperate to go the Russians... oh **** they gave them missles
You can think your like-minded buddy JFK for that.
Iraq: You gave Saddam 3 billion dollars in weapons / money for weapons
Iran: Ditto to fight the Iraqis
Osama Bin Laden: The CIA trained the guy and funded all his mischief for years
North Korea: Clinton administration finally cracked the shell and made progress with Kim Jeong Il. He was ready to sign a treaty that would cease his Nuclear Program in return for trade help from the US. Bush comes into power just before this treaty could be signed and cuts him off stating "We don't deal with terrorists". A few months later when N.K. shows the world they have Nuclear weapons Bush comes under heavy fire. To which he replies "Well of course we're open to talks with them, we always have been. We're just not going to let ourselves be bullied by terrorists."
The Ayatollah was the biggest threat in the Middle East, that's why the U.S. supported Iraq. Perhaps if Iran had stayed under control, not taken Americans hostage, not bombed the Olympics, and not overthrown the Shah, things may have been different. Unlike you guys, we don't turn a blind eye in regards to coups.
Bin Laden. Supporting the Mujahadeen played a vital roll in the fall of the Soviet Union, and in turn the end of the Cold War and the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Clinton. Good job he did with China, ignoring the first World Trade Center Bombing, the Oklahoma City bombing, the USS Cole bombing, and the embassy bombing. We've been at odds with Korea for 50 years, what else is new.
Where's the slapping your forhead and shaking your head in disbelief smiley?
Smilies aren't going to help your argument, only history lessons.
You have a good point. At the same time, I've heard story after story about people having to wait weeks just to get a simple eyeglass prescription, etc.CBR Rider said:Pigface, thanks for addressing that, but you forgot to address another of our misguided neighbors comments - healthcare. Last time I checked, everyone I knew in Canada who could afford it came to the US for healthcare.