Two Wheel Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I don't know if its the same thing but, I saw a bike using something like this at the track. It also had some pretty nifty motorized stand. The rider is in a wheel chair!
Way to go man! :dthumb: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I rode my CBR into the library parking lot and one of those mega-SUV's with blacked-out windows pulled in next to me. A 16-year-old hops out of the drivers seat. Auto manufacturers have turned trucks into super-large cars, so anyone can drive them. And I remember in the 70's, several VW Beetles had semi autos, where there was no clutch, just a manual shift between first and second.

Twenty-five years ago, Honda and Suzuki dabbled in auto transmissions for some of their model bikes, to make them like scooters, but they didn't sell well. I wouldn't get the paddle shift unless I was in a wheelchair, but more power to the inventor for coming up with an innovative idea.

"They'll get my clutch lever when they pry it from my cold, dead hand." -No Worries.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
jeeps84 said:
I don't know if its the same thing but, I saw a bike using something like this at the track. It also had some pretty nifty motorized stand. The rider is in a wheel chair!
Way to go man! :dthumb: :cheers:

That's dedication. Glad to hear he's still riding despite his disability.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
That's dedication. Glad to hear he's still riding despite his disability.
There are a lot of riders out there that have special needs and the dedication to make it happen. If anyone remembers Randy Renfrow...he ground down his thumb in a racing accident and had his big toe removed and sewn onto his thumb so he could still race. I'm not kidding! Very cool man indeed (Godspeed Randy!)

--Laura

·
Registered
955 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
There are a lot of riders out there that have special needs and the dedication to make it happen. If anyone remembers Randy Renfrow...he ground down his thumb in a racing accident and had his big toe removed and sewn onto his thumb so he could still race. I'm not kidding! Very cool man indeed (Godspeed Randy!)

--Laura
i know dale quarterly had that done, didnt know randy renfrow had done it also.....

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
godsgift said:
Because your a moron.
I believe once again you can take a long jump off a short ledge! :dthumb: Thanks and please don't let the door hit you on the way out!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
where to begin :scratch:

1) You must be a supporting vendor to advertise your product.

2) Bashing other members is not allowed. If you have a personal issue with another member please take it to email/pm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.