Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
i made my own but thats a nice setup, just put the axle through it and let the tire settle and add weights to the top, (since it will settle the heaviest at the bottom) and never ever had a problem with an unbalenced tire.I had full use of a cycle shop that was my sponser and they had a machine that did a spin balance and I never saw a difference, but i use to buy 5 sets of tires at a great price at once online and it was just easier for me to do it right in my garage..use to change tires constantly at home and at the track...

JC whitney use to sell a box of sticky led weight strips for a good price, check them out for it to see if they still sell them.

·
Registered
955 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
quick question: how do you know how much weight to add?
sort of have to guess, i use to use tape and tape on the weights before i took the sticky back off the weights and it was easier to remove/add weights till you got the right amount....

basicly want the wheel to not stop at the same spot when you turn the wheel...kind of weird to explain but very simple method that works great....too bad i couldnt do my vette tires that way.. :wink:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Hey Twisty; :wink: Im not sure of the price but, I know you can get the weights from a Napa store.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jeeps84 said:
Hey Twisty; :wink: Im not sure of the price but, I know you can get the weights from a Napa store.

Sweet thanks. Buying the balancer and the changer will pay for itself in like 5 changes. Plus the changer can be folded and taken to the track with you...Pretty sweet huh?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Good stuff...what are you going to charge your buddies to swap out tires and balance them for us???

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
twisty said:
Sweet thanks. Buying the balancer and the changer will pay for itself in like 5 changes. Plus the changer can be folded and taken to the track with you...Pretty sweet huh?
:here: What changer do you have and does it have a bead breaker?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts