1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
at six foot 213 pounds would i even fit on one of those? im lookin for a good starter, but i dont kno.... :skep:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh. For regular riding, I don't know either...

My point was really to show that just because a person feels like they NEED a larger cc bike because of height/weight it isn't necessarily true. I think the trick is to go to a few dealerships and try on the bikes, just like you do shoes. I'm willing to bet that you could find a 500cc class bike that you would fit on comfortably if you go out and look. I am FAR, FAR, FAR from an expert though. Hopefully some of the more prominent members around here will chime in on that one.

Whatever you get, good luck and enjoy the ride! :)

:bluemc:
-G

·
7,649 Posts
the hard part is "trying on" the bikes, the first thing that a dealer thinks is that "oh here comes another 20 something just wanting to play around and get a joy ride at our expansive" atleast thats how i get treated. :bash: i have been riding my friends f3 but his tages expired and since we are in college of course he cant afford to get them replaced again... :bash: so i dont kno what to do :cry: ...ok im done now :sorry:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
It's all in the rider!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're getting that sort of treatment I would say that you're better off not doing business with those dealers anyway. Of course, I don't know what the dealer selection is like out there in OH either. I hit probably 8 shops in my area before I found one I was actually willing and comfortable doing business with. Or, go ahead and waste their time by getting a feel for the bike and then buy one from someone else that doesn't treat you like a burden ;)

:bluemc:
-G

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
i am going to test drive a busa :lol: riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

·
7,649 Posts
i used to work at honda of troy as a lot tech( read Gopher) but i got to ride alot on used bikes and they really do treat ppl nice down there, but in northern OH its all a bunch of small shops that are shotty :bash:

·
Registered
96 Posts
New Riders

Seven months ago I went down to our local suzuki shop with my dad and one of my friends and bought a bike. My dad bought a 2004 VL800 crusier, randall and myself bought two 2004 katana 600's. Done some research and thought that would be the best beginner bike for me. Went down the first month. Had a bad tanny from the beginning. The katana was a great bike to learn on though, but it wasn't long I outgrew it. Last week I traded it in and got an 2005 red/black hayabusa. I love it. No matter what you get learn the limits of you and the bike before getting the wide open throttle state of mind.
"ride fast but ride safe" RedLine Riders

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
fishman said:
Seven months ago I went down to our local suzuki shop with my dad and one of my friends and bought a bike. My dad bought a 2004 VL800 crusier, randall and myself bought two 2004 katana 600's. Done some research and thought that would be the best beginner bike for me. Went down the first month. Had a bad tanny from the beginning. The katana was a great bike to learn on though, but it wasn't long I outgrew it. Last week I traded it in and got an 2005 red/black hayabusa. I love it. No matter what you get learn the limits of you and the bike before getting the wide open throttle state of mind.
"ride fast but ride safe" RedLine Riders
In seven months, you went from a Katana 600 (that you laid down) to a Hayabusa? Genius, pure genius.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
:withstupi
ill smoke that busa as long as we r not in a straight line. lol. but y would u think u outgrew a 600 that you dropped so when u drop the busa, n u will drop it, especially if u dropped a 600. u gonna get a Y2K. lol
:sorry: i had to

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
bulldog said:
i am going to test drive a busa :lol: riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
you would !!! :smash:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
In seven months, you went from a Katana 600 (that you laid down) to a Hayabusa? Genius, pure genius.
I think he was referring to the tranny!
fishman said:
Went down the first month. Had a bad tanny from the beginning.
I wouldn't think seven months is enough time on a 600 to move up to a 1300, even if you rode every day. :2cents:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Super has been saying that he would love to get a small bike like a ninja 250 down at the GAP... something about eatin Twisty and his GSXR 1K with it..... :whistle:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was talking about the tranny. The only reason I went down was because the tranny went out. Pulled out, making a left hand turn went to shift no gears only had first. Forced first to get out of the way of other bikes in our club. Spun the tire while was still leaning and out from under me went the bike. It was a low and slow lay down. No harm to me strached the bottom of the fairing. Replaced tranny rode it till traded it. Any body that has ever owned one of the smaller bike will appericate the smoothness of a big bike.
RideLine Riders

·
Registered
96 Posts
By the way if you respect your bike and you have skills you can handle it. If you are scared get a moped! Never been down doing something stupid.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
jeeps84 said:
I stand corrected.
I thought the tranny went down not you.
:luck: With the Busa!
He's going to need it! :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts