Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is one that goes around from time to time so post it up - what is the fastest you have taken your cycle to?

I can say I hit 163mph just outside of Ann Arbor and maybe faster because that was the fastest speed I saw but I was paying more attention to the cars I was passing then the speedo, etc. I did see and confirm 163mph though and I thought at the time I was still accelerating. Of course that is not with a speedo healer so real speed? Not sure.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Speedo read 155 and still had throttle left when I eased off due to a group of bunched up cagers ahead......but Im with you MP..i was looking more at the cars or blurs as the case was..flying by me, than the speedo.. :eek:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I am with you on this one MP. I hit 163 and no higher. I know it wasn't any higher due to once I got there, I heald the throttle in place and looked down to see it on the straight away. I was very happy with that speed and not to worried about going higher then that any time soon. :D

I'm waiting for Twisty to post his monster numbers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
140/145ish going that speed I don't dig look'n down :lol:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Hey double, as the next leader of the free world and you've only topped her out at 163???...wus :rolleyes: haha, j/p

I can say that since I have yet to clear 100. Maybe someday, not in a hurry...I'll settle for gettin better in the twisties for now.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
fatburg said:
Hey double, as the next leader of the free world and you've only topped her out at 163???...wus :rolleyes: haha, j/p

I can say that since I have yet to clear 100. Maybe someday, not in a hurry...I'll settle for gettin better in the twisties for now.

MP cant risk it too much..we gotta keep him around for awhile if this master plan is going to work! :cool:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
MP cant risk it too much..we gotta keep him around for awhile if this master plan is going to work! :cool:

What do you mean IF. I hope he slaps you for putting that evil word in the same sentence about his master plan. It will work and be the damn best plan I ever supported. :dthumb:

Mudpuppy 08'

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
What do you mean IF. I hope he slaps you for putting that evil word in the same sentence about his master plan. It will work and be the damn best plan I ever supported. :dthumb:

Mudpuppy 08'
typical politician..taking things outta context...OK JOHN KERRY!!!!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
typical politician..taking things outta context...OK JOHN KERRY!!!!

I have been told I sould get into politics alot. I think I could be pretty good at BSing the hell out of ppl. MP, if you can't find a good running mate let me know and I will be glad....I'll be honored to run with you. Together I know we can turn the would around and make it what it needs to be. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I have been told I sould get into politics alot. I think I could be pretty good at BSing the hell out of ppl. MP, if you can't find a good running mate let me know and I will be glad....I'll be honored to run with you. Together I know we can turn the would around and make it what it needs to be. :dthumb:

THe new reign isnt gonna be about BS..its about ACTION!! no more talk, action!!!! :here:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well 163mph is what I hit on my R6 and I think I went faster because I still had more throttle to go and I was still giving it gas but I had like 5 cars to pass so I couldn't fixate on the speedo and then when I got past the cars I had to get off my exit so I slowed up. But I know for a fact the speedo said 163mph.

But that was on 2 wheels and that is what I was referring to in this thread when I said Top Speed. But ok then I will open this up to 4 or 2 wheels. 1980 Camaro 350 4 bolt main built for top end I hit 185mph with an accurate speedo in Detroit. Man that was fast. It was so fast that when I turned around to head home at 120mph it felt like someone was pushing on my back due to the gs and slowing down, etc. That was cool.

In regards to not hitting 100mph yet - don't. Don't do anything to endanger yourself or ever ride above your riding abilities. I don't endorse or condone any such speeds on a public road. I would rather you didn't and you lived to ride and post another day. Save those speeds for the track. I have been ignorant in the past and did things that were not very smart as far as going that fast on a public road - I got lucky but like they say you get lucky 49 out of 50 times but that 50th is a mutha!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
THe new reign isnt gonna be about BS..its about ACTION!! no more talk, action!!!! :here:
Well sometimes though you have to baffle them with bs then slap them upside the head with action - it is the old Sun Tzu tactic used in the Art of War.. I think both of you were going to be my co-running mates or at least run the campaign for me?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Well sometimes though you have to baffle them with bs then slap them upside the head with action - it is the old Sun Tzu tactic used in the Art of War.. I think both of you were going to be my co-running mates or at least run the campaign for me?

With the 2 of us working it for you and with you....you will not have to worry about losing. You will run the new order and we will be there to rejoice in the fun and excitement that lies ahead of us all. Are we going to have a big celebration down the streets of NY, Detroit, DC??? Where ever you want it we will have it.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
With the 2 of us working it for you and with you....you will not have to worry about losing. You will run the new order and we will be there to rejoice in the fun and excitement that lies ahead of us all. Are we going to have a big celebration down the streets of NY, Detroit, DC??? Where ever you want it we will have it.

it will be everywhere...a nationwide celebration!

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you're opening it up to 4 wheels, then I've been up to 140 in my Camaro. I know it can go faster, but it's just not safe to do so on public roads.
As for 2 wheels; My speedo ends at 85 but the needle tends to keep going! The other bike I was with said I hit at least 105 a couple of times. Again, I just don't feel very safe doing that on roads where someone could pull in front of me at any minute.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I can't believe it...only 160....

I've had my 9R to about 193 and it still had about 700 R's left in it. But I've did 170-180 on I-75, I-96, I-94, 23, I-69, I-475, I-275, I-696....you can see it's about anywhere.

Speed is something I love and I'll go as fast as the damn thing lets me. All I need is something to provoke me...but sometimes that comes from myself... :lol:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
Speed is something I love and I'll go as fast as the damn thing lets me. All I need is something to provoke me...but sometimes that comes from myself... :lol:

Im with you..there's nothing like the exhilaration of pushing the limits of yourself and your ride...hell yeah chris!!!! hanging around WOS and TWF is all the provoking I need! :whistle:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chris even if I wanted to go faster than 163mph the fastest I could go on the R6 is 172mph - that is the limit. No things will be different when I get the R1... It doesn't matter though - 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190 is all damn fast..

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Chris even if I wanted to go faster than 163mph the fastest I could go on the R6 is 172mph - that is the limit. No things will be different when I get the R1... It doesn't matter though - 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190 is all damn fast..
I'm with ya on that! All those are seriously cookin!!! I don't believe there is alot of difference between 140 or 180. Just a bit more shake from the motor scream it's brains out and the wind resistense... :dthumb: IT'S ALL GOOD!!!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts