Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
What were you new top speeds you hit??? Always a good thing to hear about improving your riding skillz. :)
Well it's no 158 like some around here, but the speedo read 125 and from what I've read about the FZ's, that's is probably about 115 actual. Wow, what an adreniline rush :dthumb:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
fatburg said:
Well it's no 158 like some around here, but the speedo read 125 and from what I've read about the FZ's, that's is probably about 115 actual. Wow, what an adreniline rush :dthumb:

Well, I only hit 158 twice. Once last week and the first time I went 163. LOL But I am far from the fastest. Mr. 189mph vs a busa. Nice twisty. 115 is still moving and lots of fun. That adreniline rush is whats it all about. And coming back in one peice. :dthumb:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Y'all talkin indicated or actual? Anyone have anything like a GPS or somethin slapped on for actual speed?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Y'all talkin indicated or actual? Anyone have anything like a GPS or somethin slapped on for actual speed?

The 163 was actual. I had it calibrated a week or so before hand. The 158 has to be really close. I have checked it with Matt to see how close my speed is with his and other cars that want to play around on the highway and I look in to see the odometer and it was a few miles off and nothing major. So mine are pretty close. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
110, 120, 130, 170..its all F'in fast no matter how you look at it.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The corners were much more adrenaline rush today then the top speed. slowed down from the 125 then hit hwy 5 out west of town and took about 10 miles of great twisties. Man this bike beats the hell out of my cruiser for fun factor. :smash:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
fatburg said:
The corners were much more adrenaline rush today then the top speed. slowed down from the 125 then hit hwy 5 out west of town and took about 10 miles of great twisties. Man this bike beats the hell out of my cruiser for fun factor. :smash:

Glad to hear that you had fun. Any good pics of the twistys to post. We would all love to see them. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
Glad to hear that you had fun. Any good pics of the twistys to post. We would all love to see them. :thumbs:
Sure don't, I'll grab the camera next time I hit them cause it is a pretty good road. Comes into the south side of the Leavenworth/Lansing area so at the end of the ride you come by these huge prisons with inmates in the yard basically divided by like to huge barbwire fences.

The other good road is the industrial park near my house. It is made up with a bunch of big traffic circles and these tight curvy connections. Then one long empty straight connecting the back to the front that you can just open it up on.

The two best areas I have ridden in the KC area

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Pickle, I got a hand held GPS and I just keep forgetting to take it out and check it at say...180 or so...ya know...(cought) just for technical purposes...(cough)!!

·
4,183 Posts
Seriously Gas Man, do it! Im curious. I know my bike is pretty optimistic. At 90 indicated I'm doin about 82-83...

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Seriously Gas Man, do it! Im curious. I know my bike is pretty optimistic. At 90 indicated I'm doin about 82-83...

Not that much of a big diff. Does it get worse the faster you go or stay arounf the same as all speeds???

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
looks like another candidate for the neverending thread here.. :confused:

·
4,183 Posts
This is what I found, seems pretty accurate with what I've been seeing too.

Indicated
Actual
% Error

50.0 45.6 9.7
60.0 55.1 9.0
70.0 63.8 9.7
80.0 72.8 9.9
90.0 82.4 9.2
100.0 90.8 10.1
110.0 100.4 9.6
120.0 109.2 9.9
130.0 118.5 9.7

IF ya can understand that, it didn't paste very well.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
So when your doing 130mph your really doing 118. Bummer. Take it up to 150 and see what the GPS shows you. Atleast it is staying at a 9.5-9.7 error.

·
4,183 Posts
Yeah, I think I am gonna need something to keep track of my speed, considering I am planning some sprocket changes which will make it even further off..

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I changed my rear sprocket and would love to see how much it's off at about 170 or so... I'll put it on my list of things to do, but it probably won't get down anytime soon...

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
Yeah, I think I am gonna need something to keep track of my speed, considering I am planning some sprocket changes which will make it even further off..

Well keep us updated. Gas Man. You need to get yours out and post up your results to. :)

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
It's all needless anyway.... I don't judge by my speedo, I judge by the size of the grin on my face! :D

You mean like this:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
It's all needless anyway.... I don't judge by my speedo, I judge by the size of the grin on my face! :D
and gasp on the cagers face thru their side mirrors..when you fly past them :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts