Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything seemed awesome when Trackloholics canceled the track day on 6/11
Because of heavy rain. I thought that was awesome of them. But then we (WOS) show up from are rescheduled day. As we sit in the Rider meeting I here a little round man with a HUGE short man complex, going over the rules. So far the rules are the same across the board but then we get to the NO CRASH Policy. This means you can’t crash. As much fun as it is, you can’t do it. “If you crash you are out of here” the little man explained. I then start to think…..What are we as motorcycle racers trying to do out here? I think that we are trying to push the limits and get faster, as Trackoholics like to put in the brochures. How can we push the limits if not allowed to crash? Crashing is going to happen, as long as you’re not out there taking people out, a crash here or there is going to happen…I’m living proof. I like to think of my self as a good rider. Not a pro, but much better than most of the trash that gets out on the track. STT’s instructors now follow be hide me and advanced group is becoming boring due to my skills getting ever so slightly better. But a simple mistake on shift sent me off the bike. My bike was not ridable but if it was and they didn’t let me back out…oh we would have had a problem.

In short Trackoholics is a 2nd rate, low class, Want-a-be STT. They basically pick-up STT’s crumbs. They only go to Gratten and most of the time it is on the weekdays. STT is set-up for the Rider that wants to get better and faster. Yes crashing is never good but it is a part of racing and riding bike in general. As long as the guy understands what happened and why he ended up on his ass and his ride is still rolling let him on the track. Track-O-joke is for the catty, no talent; I have ridden all year in the novice class wieners and want-a-bee’s that venture to their events.

I think what really burnt me up the most is when I walked in the Tech Shed and herd the “So called” Instructors talking bad about the newer riders. Of coarse they will be slower and unsure. For most of them is their 1st time on the track. And they are more worried about “their” track time than helping their students out. What even make’s these people eligable to be an Instructor…I know a few of the Instructors for Track-o-joke from STT last year before they sold out to Track-o-joke and they have never attended a racing school in their life.

Anyway that’s all I have to say.

Long Live STT :lol:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
NO CRASH Policy. What are they thinking? Its not a track if you can't crash on it. :D

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
So where do I sign up for this Trackaholics? Sounds good to me. lol.. Just kidding..

Man that is some bs - those guys sound like idiots. I will be sure to only attend Twisty approved schools and tracks as I know nothing of the subject.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
F them...let me run a front wheel up their arse, might do them some good!! :rolleyes:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Thanks for the heads up twisty. I plan on being one of the newbs heading out for a first trackday next spring, and had not made up my mind whether to go for STT or Trackoholics. Nice to hear some opinions on them, and definitely will be looking into STT instead of them.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Looks like a possible Rally in the spring is brewing here.!!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
twisty said:
Heck we should meet up for a track day!!!

How often do they have "track day" and how much does it cost and how much time do you get on the track and...just kidding on the last "and". But the first 3 were real questions. Since you go there I figured you would know all of this info. :)

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I crashed at my very first track day with rideusba (STT helped put on the event) and I knew exactly why (I was afraid the tire wouldn't hold and didn't lean enough in the turn). The crash happened just after lunch. However, I taped up the cracked plastics, took the bike back through tech, and went out the next session. I was already in the beginner group, but it was split up into 5 sections. I dropped back a section and took my time, but the main part is that I went back out there instead of being afraid, etc. By the end of the day, I was riding better than I had ever ridden and I had learned a lot. I talked to the instructors after the final session and they gave me a few more pointers on body position. I bought a book that week, read it, and practiced what the book and the instructors had taught me. I ended up dragging a knee the next track day I went to which was less than two months later. In fact, I wore out a set of (cheap) knee sliders within a day and had to buy a new pair the second day of the event. Point is, if they hadn't let me back on the track, I may not have gotten better. I will always have something to learn, but I know that the crash actually HELPED me learn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts