Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a chance to read my Sport Rider Mag I got the other day and saw this in it. Thought it would be great for the rest to read since the new riding season is here on us now. Enjoy. Add anything they might have left out. :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
That's nice. I mean, seems like common sense for anyone who rides anyways, especially if you take the MSF course. But then again, some people who ride don't have common sense.

·
Registered
955 Posts
very neat info, finding the perfect line through a turn is sort of easy, hitting that line time after time after time, takes practice, then add other riders in there and you have a RACE.... :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That's good info.... but add in other riders that don't know how to ride in groups and cages all over the place and you got dangerous turns...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gas Man said:
That's good info.... but add in other riders that don't know how to ride in groups and cages all over the place and you got dangerous turns...
You do realize the article is referring to the track, and not the street, don't you?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yes, but many on here will try to use such info on the street... I just want to point that out!

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I have found, at least on the street, that if you weave and wobble around in your lane, the others will give you whatever line you want just to get out of the way... :whistle:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
yup thats all u need is to come into a turn only to find the person behind you is now wrecking you cause he come in the turn right beside you. not good. i def like my room when riding with other ppl .

·
Registered
941 Posts
Someone sharing my lane is something I definitely don't have to worry about when I ride with WOS. That's one of the reasons I joined...because we are strict on that. I see some other squids around town and see some really stupid stuff. If I blast into a corner, I want to know the whole thing is mine and not have to worry about someone being right there beside me. This one reason alone is why I won't ride with a lot of people. My brother is just starting out riding and has been out with some guys he works with...he's been instructed to stick to the back of the pack because these guys are idiots. I told him just to not ride at all with them but then again...big brothers don't know anything!!!!!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Chev you are right! Up until somebody that is a newbie crowds your crap!

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
chev said:
Someone sharing my lane is something I definitely don't have to worry about when I ride with WOS. That's one of the reasons I joined...because we are strict on that. I see some other squids around town and see some really stupid stuff. If I blast into a corner, I want to know the whole thing is mine and not have to worry about someone being right there beside me. This one reason alone is why I won't ride with a lot of people. My brother is just starting out riding and has been out with some guys he works with...he's been instructed to stick to the back of the pack because these guys are idiots. I told him just to not ride at all with them but then again...big brothers don't know anything!!!!!!
:withstupi

You are right on chev. I have ridden with some scary groups... no order, no giving eachother space, No order whatsoever, riding side by side through tight ass bumpy corners... There are a few groups I would definitely never ride with again...

... but I would and will definitely keep goin on rides with WOS...They do things right!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Thanks POD. I take great compliment to that!

WOS trys to do everything we can to make the dangerous sport even just a bit safer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts