Two Wheel Forums banner
21 - 40 of 195 Posts

· Registered
9,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
so what you guys wanna do as far as food..Dj and family have offered a cookout on saturday nite of that weekend, so if u guys want, we can go over there and chill, and then sunday nite, we can do one as well at my house, of course all are invited....would save u guys some cash, as its our treat of course...or we can go out to one of the local watering holes to eat, or for a drink afterwards..whatever floats ur boat! :cool:

· Registered
197 Posts
I can more than likely join you guys for riding one of the days that weekend. If you'd like some assistance planning a route, let me know. I've got mapping software. I can print copies of a planned route for everyone in case someone gets seperated, etc..

Just fill me in on where you'd like to ride once you know... I know it'd been mentioned that the Poconos and the Inner Harbour are both options... Riding down into Baltimore kind of sucks due to the congestion of the roads, but if you do want to ride around in northern MD for a while, I know all the roads. They're not great, but they have to do unfortunately...

I'd like to know what type of riding you guys like to do before I commit. I'm not trying to be an a$$, but I am kind of picky about the group rides I participate in.

I hate riding on the highway. I don't tolerate people riding like total idiots, flying in the straights and passing unsafely, and if anyone pulls stunts while John Q. Public is watching I'll leave. That's just the way I am. I'd like the group to be ambassadors to the sport while in the public's eye... That's not to say I don't break a law or two while riding and never exceed the speed limit, but I choose my times and places wisely and responsibly...

· Registered
9,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
right now, we're watching the weather here pretty close, and if it looks like it'll clear up, or atleast be semi-decent, hell I'll even settle anything as long as it doesnt snow or hurricane....we'll figure out this route thing. I know one of the WOS guys' parents live in Lancaster, so he might wanna check out some roads up that way, or maybe down by the rail trail in york, take york road, down into md.

I dont know the back roads to the poconos, so that route would probably be mostly highways, unless someone knows those back roads..but thats what mappin software is for right!

· Registered
197 Posts
My forum site is actually squidbusters.com

We have a "squids spotted" section for pics... Just started the board. It's still very much in its infantcy...

We're going to do a lot of anti-squid advocacy work and even become a registered non-profit eventually.

· V-Twin Moddin
39,300 Posts
twisty said:
WOS is pickey on WHO we let ride with us. We have rules and regs to keep everyone safe. WOS is solid group. Im sure you agree when you meet some if the members.
Thanks Twisty, that is what I was thinking. Other than some very fast highway speeding at times, we (WOS) never does anything dangerous in a group. :dthumb:

· V-Twin Moddin
39,300 Posts
O, and I'm lookin for less highway and more nice sweepers with a touch of tight corners, but with some highway so I can get the high speed itch out!!

· Registered
9,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
the road down into md, is full of twisties w/ the occasional long stretch to feed ur itch chris! :D the poconos, we'll have to map out a back way, otherwise it'll be mostly highways, but the scenery rocks either way. we'll figure it out.

· V-Twin Moddin
39,300 Posts
I'm not a total speed freak, just partial. I can appreciate the scenery and some highway milage. I'll bring the throttle rocker...

· Registered
9,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Gas Man said:
I'm not a total speed freak, just partial. I can appreciate the scenery and some highway milage. I'll bring the throttle rocker...

no problem, just can just follow my tail light all day! oh wait, u'd be doing that anyways.. :lol: :lol: j/j

21 - 40 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.