Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got my chance to mix it up with the big boys. And the R6 didnt let me down. The race on Sat went off great, I got a bad start but worked my around 10thand worked in a strong 5th place finish overall(Expert and Novice) and 2nd in my class(Novice Class), not bad for my 1st time racing. Brighton Superbike was there(Claims to have the best rider in the area) He was pretty fast.... I could only lap him two times.:lol: Better luck next time guys.

On sunday, man sunday was great. I rode the fastest I have ever ridden.That was the big 600 superbike race. I got a good start and worked my way into 3rd but it started raining and the newb Im to racing I backed off, not wanting to wod the bike up in the 1st race weekend and took a stong 4th place. For my 1st time out racing I would say that, this weekend was great and learned alot. I think next week after I make some slight changes will bring a better finish.

So if your not on Twistifed Racing bike, you just got lapped....again....:lol:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
F'in sweet man!! :dthumb: I want to come check it out sometime this year!! Congrats on the good finishes! :cheers:

Those Tomahawks muct be pretty damn nice too eh?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
That is great.. Glad to hear the first weekend was a good one for you Twisty.. I definately look forward to coming out and seeing you run a few times this year.. Of course I look more forward to the chance of having you lap me again at Grattan as well.. I could paint "Brighton" on my bike if it helps you.. lol..

Keep us posted on your progress... I will have to check the schedule and start making some plans, etc.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yep...we're very proud of our Twisty!! :nopicsbs:

And what Twisty said on the WOS board was that he's sure that the Brighton bike is awesome just that they need a better rider...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
twisty said:
Brighton Superbike was there(Claims to have the best rider in the area) He was pretty fast.... I could only lap him two times.:lol: Better luck next time guys.
I really like that part... I guess if you had of get a better start... or started in the front of the pack... you would have been in the top 2 :dthumb: Sounds great... Get pics...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Local Michigan folks.........I'm thinking we ride to Grattan the first time Twisty races out there. Lets make a road trip out of it....day trip and go support Twistified Racing.

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
chev said:
Local Michigan folks.........I'm thinking we ride to Grattan the first time Twisty races out there. Lets make a road trip out of it....day trip and go support Twistified Racing.

:dthumb: For sure! I was just gonna ask when twisty's next MI race was...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah we should... he is racing there like 3 more times...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Since there was no WERA this weekend or CCS, me thinks you must have ran somewhere else...although since WERA and CCS are the two most popular racing orgs...not sure where? I'm not very educated about the "up north" places since we are down here in "slower" delaware, but is there some other series up there? We have some customers that live up that way and would love to give them some info about it. Thanks!

-- Laura

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
twisty said:
Next year is will be on a Gixxer :wink:
What did he say? My Twist-decoder is broken! :scratch:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts