Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody.. :seeya:
I wanted to put this out and see what people had to say... Here it is; I was just at a party and people were asking me if I had rode my bike ? My reply was, "Hey. Two wheels, gas, and alcohol don't mix, and I never drink when I'm on my bike" but it got me thinking, Who think's the 'ole standard 1 beer an hour is acceptable ? I mean, one time I was out on my bike, and this other rider instructed me on how to become proficient at riding & drinking, so, I wanted to hear everyone's opinion's and stories on this subject...........

:pat:
Steve.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
WildMonkey said:
I wanted to put this out and see what people had to say... Here it is; I was just at a party and people were asking me if I had rode my bike ? My reply was, "Hey. Two wheels, gas, and alcohol don't mix, and I never drink when I'm on my bike" but it got me thinking, Who think's the 'ole standard 1 beer an hour is acceptable ? I mean, one time I was out on my bike, and this other rider instructed me on how to become proficient at riding & drinking, so, I wanted to hear everyone's opinion's and stories on this subject...........

Steve.
I'd have to say that Alki and Bikes don't ever mix. I wouldn't guarentee you that 1 drink an hour thing, cause that is only based on a person with the ideal weight. I know that like in most women it is only 3/4 beer an hour.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I don't drink and ride. Its stupid. :bash:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
WildMonkey said:

Steve.
That "other" rider that instructed you on proficiency of how to kill yourself quickly was an idiot. Drinking and riding are stupid, period. If you want to kill yourself or have a death wish don't do it on two wheels and raise my bloody insurance - try this - 6 tall water glasses filled with vodka and a bullet. Every vodka you drink is one less bullet in the gun. You probably won't get past 3 or 4 so chances are when you load the gun, spin the chamber and pull the trigger nighty nighty sweet prince. Its called gunblast vodka and it is much cheaper on my insurance. Bottom line don't drink and ride.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Easy Killer.. AKA MudPuppy..

Did you read my initial post ? Dude, I NEVER under any circumstance ride after drinking ! :tt:

Steve.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
WildMonkey said:
Did you read my initial post ? Dude, I NEVER under any circumstance ride after drinking ! :tt:

Steve.
Don't mind MP... he just gets very expressive....

I generally will have 1 drink..period. That's it. No more for me!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
Don't mind MP... he just gets very expressive....

I generally will have 1 drink..period. That's it. No more for me!
Of what and how long befor ride? :scratch:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Of anything... malt beverage, mixed drink, whatever... I don't do too many shots anymore and don't like beer.

How long.... For example, when at RO bike night, I'll have 1 say Smirnoff Ice and ride home 1 hour later. No biggie... but no exceptions...only 1.

I don't make a big deal about it. But then again I'm not a big drinker anyway.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm also a light drinker, and one per hour / two max per nite when I'm in a cage. Due to my very tenous permission to ride from my wife, I've set the rule of no alcohol at all if I'm on the bike.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I use to be a great partier... drinking myself to a puked state on a regular basis. Then I had a 21st b-day party and almost found myself in the hospital and arrested on my way home. Take that and subtract the fun of it no longer being illegal to do and I'm now a light and occasional drinker!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't drink much anyways, and if I do it's not nearly enough to get me drunk or anything. But for me, ANY alcohol = no bike. I will not ride at all after I've had any alcoholic beverage. A car I'll still drive cuz, as I mentioned, I barely drink much of anything, but the bike I just don't want to take the chance. Plus when me and my 3 other close friends (who drink alot more than me) all bought our bikes, we all promised each other that none of us would ride after drinking any alcohol. So far we've all stuck to it.... even when we go out where we usually get drinks, if we're on the bikes we get cokes or something instead. The possible resulting consequenses just aren't worth the risk. My :2cents:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
One of the most striking contrasts I have seen in the motorcycle culture, is this very topic. For many years I rode/hung around the "Biker/cruiser" group and alcohol was a prominent item at any event I attended. Most of the people there, myself included, would tend to consume large quantities of alcohol and then get on a bike and ride somewhere. When I started riding a sportbike, and my biker/cruiser friends disowned me, I started seeking out the sportbikers. I discovered almost every one, does not consume alcohol when riding. I have discovered that I prefer their company. Since there is little alcohol, there aren't as many stupid arguments over BS and all tend to be settled riding instead of fighting. Also, I can be more at ease riding without the worry of some drunken A$$ taking me down with them. Overall, I believe I am enjoying riding more with clear headed riders....Now once the bikes go on the trailer for the night... :cheers:

·
Registered
955 Posts
bumblebee said:
One of the most striking contrasts I have seen in the motorcycle culture, is this very topic. For many years I rode/hung around the "Biker/cruiser" group and alcohol was a prominent item at any event I attended. Most of the people there, myself included, would tend to consume large quantities of alcohol and then get on a bike and ride somewhere. When I started riding a sportbike, and my biker/cruiser friends disowned me, I started seeking out the sportbikers. I discovered almost every one, does not consume alcohol when riding. I have discovered that I prefer their company. Since there is little alcohol, there aren't as many stupid arguments over BS and all tend to be settled riding instead of fighting. Also, I can be more at ease riding without the worry of some drunken A$$ taking me down with them. Overall, I believe I am enjoying riding more with clear headed riders....Now once the bikes go on the trailer for the night... :cheers:
agree, the cruiser crowds i hung with back before there really were sportbikes (gpz's were the only real sportbikes back then) i would go on bar runs with my harley buddies drinking at different bars, smoking some herb, riding to the next one and doing that all day....i can remember dropping my bikes at stop lights and then i cant remember rides home where i woke up in the morning and found my bike laying on its side on the front lawn....not good, and just dam lucky that i survived those stupid years...

then when i started riding sport bikes i realized that if i had just a couple of beers i was totally out of control and would be doing insane things on the bike...so i just decided one day that i would never ever drink and drive again...dont know if i just grew up or what but i was very very lucky i lived long enough to grow up and make that desicion..

drinking and driving a bike (or a car for that matter) is the most stupidest thing you can do....I was very stupid, very lucky, but very stupid...

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
GsxrJack said:
agree, the cruiser crowds i hung with back before there really were sportbikes (gpz's were the only real sportbikes back then) i would go on bar runs with my harley buddies drinking at different bars, smoking some herb, riding to the next one and doing that all day....i can remember dropping my bikes at stop lights and then i cant remember rides home where i woke up in the morning and found my bike laying on its side on the front lawn....not good, and just dam lucky that i survived those stupid years...
Yeah, I have replaced a few side covers from dropping the bike on gravel, etc and knocking holes the size of nickels in them to let all the oil drain out. I really scared my mom one morning. I had ridden around to the back of the house trying to sneak in around 4 am and had dropped my Kaw 500 triple in the grass, crawled up on the back steps and passed out. She found me there with my clothes half pulled off and frost on me, thought I was dead. She will still remind me about it when I go to visit her and go out with some of my old buds from H-school. Before I leave, I will hear her say, "I don't want to find you on the steps in the morning."

·
Banned
474 Posts
Only thing I drink is a redbull before I ride.

It's already hard enough to concentrate on...soccor moms...SUV's... dogs...balls..out of town drivers... road debris... and moron drivers... adding another inpairment would just suc!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.