Two Wheel Forums banner

Do you use hand signals when riding?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Universal Motorcycle Riders Hand Signal Chart

Found this site on the net, alittle refresher course for those who use hand signals when riding, and for those that arent familiar with them, a good chart to keep in mind when riding with a group especially.

Which brings up an interesting Poll question, how many of you use & understand hand signals when riding ?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Universal Motorcycle Riders Hand Signal Chart

Found this site on the net, alittle refresher course for those who use hand signals when riding, and for those that arent familiar with them, a good chart to keep in mind when riding with a group especially.

Which brings up an interesting Poll question, how many of you use & understand hand signals when riding ?
In my club we use hand signals alot! If people don't have chatterboxes, it is the only way to communicate what needs to be done.

A few that aren't on the list or diff...

Foot down towards the ground, is pointing at something in the rode...IE road kill, dirt, oil, whatever. The hand is too often confused with a left turn.

Pat the top of your helmet repeatily means COP ahead or near by.

But those are pretty much what everybody uses. The big ones are the bikes ready, single file, blinkers, pass me, and slow down.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Good post. I don't always use them but I do try to at times when I remember and when I'm riding with a group.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Another great thread that is MC related!!!! :cheers:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
gas man are u bored???? check out me thread it will help!!!! not MC related but better then goin through old posts of yours :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Actually, I was going thru all the old posts regardless who they're from...

Plus there is alot of good info on here that many newbies probably haven't seen...

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
:wink: just kiddin with ya

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
Actually, I was going thru all the old posts regardless who they're from...

Plus there is alot of good info on here that many newbies probably haven't seen...

Good work Gas Man. I like that. Great idea to bring them up for alot of the newbies on the forum. :cheers:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Good work Gas Man. I like that. Great idea to bring them up for alot of the newbies on the forum. :cheers:
No a problem Newbie Moderator!! :twfrox:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've not ridden in a gorup before, so I hadn't known what the signals meant or that they existed before clicking that link.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Definitely a plus....especially when riding in groups. :dthumb: I've seen guys on bikes run into other guys on bikes, cause they weren't paying attention to the bike in front of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.