Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do a USD fork conversion on the Vmax. There are a couple of companies that are selling triple trees, but they want more than they're worth. They're asking about 1/3 of what I paid for the bike!

I'm wondering if there's anything that will more or less bolt up? What about having some machined?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mojo said:
I'm looking to do a USD fork conversion on the Vmax. There are a couple of companies that are selling triple trees, but they want more than they're worth. They're asking about 1/3 of what I paid for the bike!

I'm wondering if there's anything that will more or less bolt up? What about having some machined?

Any ideas?
I had a 93 ZR1100 that I converted to USD without a kit. Unless you have unlimited access to a machine shop, I suggest you seriously consider the setup that someone else has taken the time to sort out.

I don't really have time to go into the details tonight, feel free to email me any questions you have and I'll try to get back to you as quick as I can.

Larry

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
cant go wrong with larry's advice!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Plenty of people over here in Europe offer kits for the Max, from about £300 upwards (about $500), but you can do it much cheaper than that if you get someone to make a new steering stem for the appropriate yokes for the forks you're using... you may get lucky and find some forks that bolt straight in (R1? Not sure, I'm sure there's some that do...) Find a local engineeinrg shop that knows bikes and they can help.... maybe...

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
larryg said:
Unless you have unlimited access to a machine shop, I suggest you seriously consider the setup that someone else has taken the time to sort out.

Not something, I think, most of us have at our disposal. :eek:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Not something, I think, most of us have at our disposal. :eek:
Not unless you're the Teutuls :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Not unless you're the Teutuls :thumbs:

I want to be one of them. :D hehehe I'd work harder then Mikey does. damn Give me a job there. :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
zedhead said:
Eh?
Whadafug's he talking about?
Orange County Choppers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts