Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever use the V&H Supersport exhaust? It's an older model, and one of only two exhaust upgrades available for my bike. I need to replace my left can because it's all scraped up, and my insurance company will let me fet an aftermarket exhaust as long as it's the same cost or cheaper.

I can get a V & H 4 in 1 for $350, the OEM cost of one can is $400. I'm thinking if I can get this and a jet kit I can probably get by with this bike until next year when my Jetta is paid off.

Any advice? How much HP can I reasonably expect with a jet kit (the Seca is notorious for bad stock jets) and a better exhaust?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I'm not sure about your bike specifically but I would say you should be able to expect 10-20 hp.... I would think that would be extra true if your bike is known for having poor jetting! May also want to look into advancing the timing as well, when you're tuning the bike's setup!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh, and as far as jetting...

Is there a Seca forum somewhere or do you know of any Seca gurus? More than likely you can just shim the needles and replace the jets for less than $20. Just need to know what sizes are needed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, since I'm not sure I can buy a new bike this summer, or even early enough in the summer to, I went ahead and ordered the exhaust. There's only one other brand of exhaust upgrade around, and I can't afford $600 a side. I also ordered a K & N filter and I'll be ordering the jet kit to match the exhaust tonite.

Since the insurance company is covering the exhaust, even if I sell the bike this summer it's a good deal. Heck, I could put the old cans back on and ebay the exhaust if I buy a new bike and sell the Seca.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Sound like you have it figured out!
The full system and jet kit will really wake the Seca up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts