Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pay attention to the dates. I really hope this was just some internet clown trolling a bike site.

EDIT: Nope, it wasn't a troll, this REALLY happened. I guess he wasn't a COMPLETE squid because he was at least wearing a jacket and a helmet. However, he did find out that the jacket will ride up and still allow road rash on the back. He says he has road rash on his ass too, so he was most likely wearing jeans. Although, he was squidly for doing what he did on a new bike with no previous riding experience. Here are the pics:

http://www.r6-forum.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=80519#80519

Here's the story.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:26 pm

hi, how is everyone im new to this site. i just got my 04 r6 like a month in half ago. My first bike, well anyways i been practicing wheelies i can get it up in first gear real easy at 5000rpm. I want to get it up in second but im having trouble clutching it up at what rpm should i be and how long do i have to hold the clutch in or do i have to bounce it up and do i pull it up or do it come up by itself with throttling it? thnx peeps
Response from another member:

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:44 pm

I don't want to sound ugly, but I would spend more time getting use to the bike. The rest will all come in time. These bikes have alot more power than people think they do. Just smack that back to red line in the first four gears, and you will see what I am talking about.
Ride safe.
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:35 pm

Oh i took it to the limit already, maaaannnnn i was like damn. I got it up to 161 then i let off, i got scared sike lol
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:36 am
yo man i been trying to clutch it for like a week now in second gear and i cant get it of the ground i tried bouncing it and no worky i tried going 50 mph and bounce no worky, do i have to gun it when i clutch it? I get very mad when i cant get it up. But in first i can ride the gear out i can do stand ups and sit down. When it comes to second gear im deflected or something. Someone Help Help
Then somebody else posts this:

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:55 am

yeah you gotta gun it then drop the clutch. hope you dont die.
Response
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:06 am

lol , ya me neither im going to try but im scared
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:14 pm

OMG, I damn near killed myself today man i drop the clutch and i gunned the hell out of it, it came up to like 12 clock, it came up so fast i couldnt even think wth to do. I didnt expect it to come up because i didnt even bounce it up. man im still shakin. well i will try again tomorrow but i want gun it again like someone told me too, but im not saying no names. You know who you are lol.
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:38 am

ya i wont be clutchin it up like that any more? ill take it a little at a time now.
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:47 pm
well i finally went down, man im hurting like , this is what happened i was going like 40 i clutched it up, and it came up a little but you know how the adrinaline kicked in. So i try to pop it up again but give it a little more gas, so guess what happens. Bingo i 1:00 amed it i went pass 12 and i slide like 125 feet. Now i havent called the insurance company yet tomorrow i will call them, i think it is totaled my forks are slightly bent, my crank case has a hole in it and my back rim is bent
and like 600 in fairing damage. Now i dont know what to do, i am pissed off. i will get pics up soon as i can probly tomorrow. Hey but out of all that i still have my pretty smile

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Not even a month and a half. :nonod:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Not even a month and a half. :nonod:
Remember the dip s%!t that bought my 1000 that I told you guys about. Just over 2 weeks and cart wheeled it! :bash: :dupe: :loser: :nonod:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
jeeps84 said:
Remember the dip s%!t that bought my 1000 that I told you guys about. Just over 2 weeks and cart wheeled it! :bash:

They all think they can handle it when they know they can't. :bash: :bash:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
They all think they can handle it when they know they can't. :bash: :bash:
Takes lots off self control, respect (fear factor), and skill to ride any new model Sport Bike. My less a liter bike! :rant:
That squid just proves, (he) most don't have the self control to ride. :troll:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
what a dip shiot. wtf do you think is gonna happen when you grab clutch hit the rev limiter and let the clutch fly, duh its gonna go stright up and real quick like. there is not one person in the world that should be trying to do stand ups after having a bike for a month.

this is the reason i want to get a peice of shiot bike with no fairings. and just as longs as it runs and drives for like $1000 like a 95-00 so i can use it to try stunts. y would you want to do stunts on a brand new bike, even the pros wreck all the time.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, it must have really happened. He's supposed to post pics of his wrecked bike later so I'll grab those pics at that time. Here's an update, after people ragged on him:

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:14 am

ya i know man, its just the adrinaline that got me all my friends was out there and the ruff ryder was out there. I was riding first gear out and i said wth man let me clutch it so i can ride it longer. Thats what happend man my insurance is going to go sky high mannnnnnnn well heres the link thats one of my scars the other one is on my ass i doubt if you want to see it
http://img238.exs.cx/img238/7466/antwonsbike0274bi.th.jpg

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
jeeps84 said:
Peer pressure and ignorance can KILL. :spam:
I wouldn't consider that :spam: but you are correct. It is alot of peer pressure that makes ppl go out and get these bikes that they can not handle because they see there friends doing it and think they can as well. News Flash...they have been riding longer then you for the most part and CAN handle it.

Squids..I'll tell ya. :nonod:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i hope his insurance goes up so high man that he cant afford it man, ya knaw mean man.

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Haha... dude prolly couldnt even turn his bike around in a parking lot yet, yet he feels stand-up 12'oclocks are a good thing to practice. :rolleyes:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
This guy is the ULTIMATE SQUID!!!

But let this be a lesson to all the newbies around here.... PAY ATTENTION BULL.... don't push it when you're a new rider! You are SUPPOSE to have some self control. You SHOULD fear that bike a bit! If you don't, it will get ya!!!

Every newbie should go at least 1 full year w/o trying to "hott dog", "show off" or do anything close to stunts... keep it below top end... you're suppose to be LEARNING! Learning about you on a bike and the bike itself!!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very well put. Also, I'd like to submit this guy as squid of the month for WOS. :D Maybe twisty can throw in a link to this thread.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Vegas Squid hitting his bandaged hand against his forehead: "Ow, you mean there's a class on how to do wheelies?"

Woman who just completed a block-long wheelie: "Yeah, I went to Keith Code's Wheelie School www.ononewheel.com and learned how to wheelie at slow speed, with the clutch out, and using just the throttle to get up and sustain the wheelie. It cost $495, but it's a lot less than new plastic will cost for your bike."

Squid looking at his smashed bike like Homer Simpson: "D'oh."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts