Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been very happy with mine :cheers: Takes up no space, hooks right into trailer hitch.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
jetskifast said:
Been very happy with mine :cheers: Takes up no space, hooks right into trailer hitch.
Think that'll fit on a Cavalier? Cause I was thinkin' a short 4x8' trailer, but I think that'll be a little easier until the R6 is devoted strictly to racing, then it goes in a covered trailer.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grafixx01 said:
Think that'll fit on a Cavalier? Cause I was thinkin' a short 4x8' trailer, but I think that'll be a little easier until the R6 is devoted strictly to racing, then it goes in a covered trailer.
Add rear air shocks, if Cavalier has rear springs you can also buy spring helpers. Make sure and buy 500 LBS tongue weight trailer hitch ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Doesn't that thing exceed the tongue weight max for your hitch (probably 500 pounds) plus doesn't it throw off your CG (center of gravity) on the van??

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I saw a R1 almost fall off one of those at the Gap. :yikes:
Tie down point aren't far enough apart. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jeeps84 said:
I saw a R1 almost fall off one of those at the Gap. :yikes:
Tie down point aren't far enough apart. :2cents:
Tie down point adjustable. Guy must have his set up close.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
What about just like one of those "one bike" trailers where it has like that "tyre guide" down the entire thing? Just asking instead of like a 4'x8' trailer with gate. Though if I'm gonna go all out and get a trailer, I think I'll spend the $1500 on a covered 5'x10' trailer that I saw at Lowes.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grafixx01 said:
What about just like one of those "one bike" trailers where it has like that "tyre guide" down the entire thing? Just asking instead of like a 4'x8' trailer with gate. Though if I'm gonna go all out and get a trailer, I think I'll spend the $1500 on a covered 5'x10' trailer that I saw at Lowes.
Liked Versa-haul compact ness. When I travel spend lots of times in big cities, parking can be a problem with trailer. Versa-haul and bike fit into normal parking space with SUV :dthumb:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grafixx01 said:
Another picture with my Versa-haul and beater S-10 pickup.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chev said:
Doesn't that thing exceed the tongue weight max for your hitch (probably 500 pounds) plus doesn't it throw off your CG (center of gravity) on the van??
My 02 Durango 4x4 5.9 has no problems with load of my Versa-haul :cheers: Hitch rated for 500 LBS, bike in 420 LBS range. Did not even have to add air shocks or any helper with Durango ;)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
jetskifast said:
:iagree: I have something similar (Mototote sport) and I've been very happy with this type of trailer system as well :dthumb: , use it on my Montero sport. I did have to order the versahaul trailer light kit, since Motote's light kit has been out of stock for awhile.

Was able to get the light kit from this place http://www.discounttrailers.com/ and they have some of the best prices for ramps & trailers that I've seen to date. Wish I would have seen this site before I ordered mine direct from factory.

:twfrox: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i was thinking about one of these for my jeep wrangler, but im afraid of it falling off, but i like how i would always ahve a parking spot for my bike if i went to the beach or something with it.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
zx636r said:
i was thinking about one of these for my jeep wrangler, but im afraid of it falling off, but i like how i would always ahve a parking spot for my bike if i went to the beach or something with it.
I was wondering how these systems would fit on wranglers (one of the vehicles Im considering to get next), since the spare tire is mounted in the same place the bike will go. But at the same time if it does fit, I could use additional straps to tie it to the back frame posts for added safety.

When I bought my montero it already had a class III hitch, but personally, I would go with a class IV hitch on my next vehicle...(if I dont go with a P/U Truck).

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
ne1469 said:
I was wondering how these systems would fit on wranglers (one of the vehicles Im considering to get next), since the spare tire is mounted in the same place the bike will go. But at the same time if it does fit, I could use additional straps to tie it to the back frame posts for added safety.

When I bought my montero it already had a class III hitch, but personally, I would go with a class IV hitch on my next vehicle...(if I dont go with a P/U Truck).

I believe that you can get like extenders for the hitch to push it out past the rear tyre on the Wrangler.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah...Twisty is right... somin like this...

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Gas Man said:
Yeah...Twisty is right... somin like this...

If that was a Chevy, GMC, Toyota or Dodge, I'll take it off your hands since you seem to be unhappy with it. You can leave the bike in the bed too, that'll help out with some money for when I sell it! :wink: :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That's good because if it was any of those I'd let you have...

On a serious note. I would have bought a GMC/Chevy truck if it hadn't been for Ford's remodel. The truck in the pic is the nicest riding and all around truck I've ever been in. It's really quite inside, the new 3 valve 5.4L Triton V-8 is amazing... and the truck constantly surprise me. On the way down to the GAP...3 bikes, 3 guys, a trailer, A/C on, 80mph, and all our gear.... 14 MPG!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts