Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Now I would just like to see Ghostrider doing 200 down that bride into the tunnel.. lol..

He's probably done it already...that would definately be a sweet vid of him, racing thru that tunnel with all the aquatic scenery surrounding him!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
dude, thats sweet!! why dont they have stuff like that in the states!!??
Depends on the distance and rock type. New York City has tons of ship traffic, and all kinds of bridges and tunnels. But the rock there is good hard schist and gneiss. I worked in mining for years, and in one salt mine you could see the walls of the shafts and tunnels bow out from the rock pressure. In coal mines, there are rock bursts, where the pressure of the rock above blows out the wall, so you always walk in the middle of the tunnel.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
dude, thats sweet!! why dont they have stuff like that in the states!!??
Well, they paid for that with taxes. Believe me, you'd rather have our taxes than theirs. So I say our bridges are just fine.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Well, they paid for that with taxes. Believe me, you'd rather have our taxes than theirs. So I say our bridges are just fine.
how bad are those mentioned taxes over there?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
how bad are those mentioned taxes over there?

Ask and you will receive:

In Sweden taxable income belongs to one of three categories: earned income from employment, income from capital or income from business.

Income from employment

The following taxes are levied on earned income:

local tax at a rate of 26-35 percent (depending on the municipality),
national income tax of 20-25 percent on annual taxable earnings.

Income from capital

Generally speaking all income in this category is taxed at a rate of 30 percent regardless of the amount. Examples of income from capital are dividends, interest, capital gains arising from the sale of stocks, bonds, real estate, personal property and other similar assets plus income from the rental of flats or houses unless this is undertaken as a business activity.

Income from business

The regulations governing taxation of business activity are largely the same for limited companies and businesses operated by individuals. As a general rule, all income from business activities is liable to taxation. Income from capital is considered as part of the business activity if it is generated by capital invested in the business.

The tax rates for individuals engaged in business activities are the same as those for income from employment. On the other hand, limited companies pay only 28 percent of their taxable income in tax.

Rest of the article is here

They are higher then ours, but not to much higher. :dthumb:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Very cool! :dthumb: Just a thought though....What happens when the water level gets extremely high. Does it flood over and go down the tunnel, or does that not effect it? :confused:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I don't think the water level gets high enough to effect that being that far out in the ocean. There would have to be an awful lot of rain or unless the northern pole ice caps melt. If that happen...were all screwed then. :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I don't think the water level gets high enough to effect that being that far out in the ocean. There would have to be an awful lot of rain or unless the northern pole ice caps melt. If that happen...were all screwed then. :dthumb:
what about bad storms, ocean swells, etc...its gotta get waterlogged atleast some of the time right? Even being not-technically out to sea, when the sea gets ruff, from the residual affects of storms, its gotta do something to it.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Only when there are 25+ft waves will it get over to hit the lot that is around the tunnel and it even has an extra 5 ft barrier around it to protect it. (I looked it up and got the answers.) :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Only when there are 25+ft waves will it get over to hit the lot that is around the tunnel and it even has an extra 5 ft barrier around it to protect it. (I looked it up and got the answers.) :dthumb:
u know that has to have happened at some point though..that would suck being in that tunnel and seeing water coming in behind u..even a little bit :eek:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
u know that has to have happened at some point though..that would suck being in that tunnel and seeing water coming in behind u..even a little bit :eek:

Seeing a little bit hell. If I saw it in my rear view I would be driving or riding a hell of a lot faster then i was at first. I am sure it has happen before and I know I don't want to be there to see it happen. :dthumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.